Anyone know a good Marathon in Spring/ Summer 2012? (Read 1491 times)

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

Grandma's in Duluth is a fast course and a good race as well.  You get to run along the lake and it is generally down hill.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

northernman

Fight The Future

Lake Wobegon Trail marathon is a great race. Especially if you don't like crowded race courses.

Feeling the growl again

Bayshore in Traverse City, MI is really nice.  I believe it's always Memorial Day wknd.  Gorgeous, closed course.

Very nice and ran my PR there....but unless you get reservations soon prepare to stay in a hole...or tent....and either way pay through the nose. 

I live everything about this race except the date.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Very nice and ran my PR there....but unless you get reservations soon prepare to stay in a hole...or tent....and either way pay through the nose. 

We stayed at the Baymont, IIRC.  I don't recall it being exorbitant.  I think we paid more for lodging for Milwaukee's Lakefront the previous Fall--not on a holiday weekend or in a touristy area, either.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

sAc238

Zeus

Thank you! The Wisconsin ones look fun and Madison is pretty close.

I also found Kenosha, WI in May 2012. Anyone done this one?

I've done Kenosha.  Nice, small race.  Little to no crowd support if that matters to you and little access for your posse in the second half if you bring one.  Part gravel roads.  They had perfect weather this year and even though its a week after the Illinois marathon, 150 miles north and the lakefront should make it a little cooler.

2nd life PR's: 19:24 5k / 39:52 10k / 1:27:36 1/2 mar / 3:08:03 marathon

Eugene Marathon

fast and in track town USA

I'm thinking Flying Pig!! It looks fun and on a Sunday which is good for traveling. 

This is in my hometown race and I will just say that this race is awesome.  It is a runners race and does not have the elite people in it because it does not offer prize money.  However, it is still a big race but yet does not feel that way.  I guess what I am saying is that it feels like it is just the right size.  Lots of crowd support.and water stops.  I really missed not running it last year. 

Good luck with making your decision but if you choose the Flying Pig you made a good choice. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon