Political Activism Regarding MMJ... (Read 420 times)

Kalsarikännit

we need more people bringing illegal drugs across the border and peddling steroids.

I admit it, I'm curious. I saw it mentioned earlier. Anyone want to share a link?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Some studies have shown that fewer than 5 cigarettes a day do little to no sustained/long-term lung damage

Prospective study in 43,000 people.  <5 cigarettes per day, 2.74X risk of lung cancer for men and 5.09X risk for women.  Most other smoking-related diseases at least 2X risk increase.

Prospective mortality study by the American Cancer Society in >1 million people.  Page 28.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MrH

My troll-meter just hit 11.

Do people with a history of steroid abuse think differently, or does their different thinking cause them to abuse steroids?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Prince of Fatness

I admit it, I'm curious. I saw it mentioned earlier. Anyone want to share a link?

It was in the Lance Armstrong thread I believe.  I am too lazy to search through that morass to find the post.

Not at it at all. 

page 44 of LA thread.

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/f9c530c49faf46a1ad424118d82d843d/43

Again, I'm not disputing whether the guy used "enhancing" drugs (I believe he did), I'm just stating that public opinion of the man has most certainly been influenced by the media. I also know first hand that drugs are prevalent in sports all the way down to high school. And how do I know that? Twenty years ago I used to smuggle anabolics across the border for athletes. Smile

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Kalsarikännit

It was in the Lance Armstrong thread I believe.  

Yeesh!  Never mind.

MTA:  thanks, KerCanDo.  The smiley face at the end is disturbing.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Wing

Joggaholic

To put things into perspective as to where I'm "coming from", I had an employee who is a "devout Christian" tell me one day when the vote to legalize Gay marriage was coming down that I needed to vote against it because his Pastor told the congregation that gay marriage would destroy America.

After I was through with him, he would've felt better had he been ass fucked by a gay man...LOL! I tore him a new one so wide that he never tried to debate me again...Citing the US Constitution and the rights of others really frustrates those guys, ya know? I can respect his feelings and if that's how he feels, so much the better...but DON'T TELL ME HOW I SHOULD IMPOSE LEGISLATION TO FOIST CONTROL OVER THE LIVES OF OTHERS.

Can I tell you about the appropriate use of quotation marks and capital letters?

I regret to have anything to do with this conversation. But, FWIW, I'd no sooner use "ass f****d by a gay man" in a conversation with a real live gay friend, than I would in church.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

My troll-meter just hit 11.

Was it the overuse of quotes and capital letters?

The quitting and then not quitting?

Was it the reminder of what this thread really was about?

The investigation of self?

The new avatar?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

Menace to Sobriety

:  Stop treating me like I am have the intelligence of an ice cube tray. When stoners start breaking into long diatribes about how they are in favor of legalization because of the decline in the use of hemp in rope, and my, isn't that a shame, because rope in the 1800's was just so darn strong, I wan't to scream.

How about the decline of the use of ice cube trays in household icemaking? Why isn't anyone mourning that? I'm not talking about those twisty, crappy plastic ones. I'm talking about the shiny metal ones with the mechanical levers and brushed aluminum dividers. Don't even get me started on automatic  "ice makers".  Man, ice tasted better then.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

How about the decline of the use of ice cube trays in household icemaking? Why isn't anyone mourning that? I'm not talking about those twisty, crappy plastic ones. I'm talking about the shiny metal ones with the mechanical levers and brushed aluminum dividers. Don't even get me started on automatic  "ice makers".  Man, ice tasted better then.

That's right!  Ice DID taste better back then!  Because you had to really WORK FOR IT!  It wasn't handed to you by mashing a lever on a damn machine!  You had to smack it, crack it, pull the aluminum lever, smack it again....

And go back before that, Ice tasted EVEN BETTER when you had to take an ice pick to the 50 pound block and bust chunks off!  Now that was the best ice ever. Cool

--As to the drug discussion, Regardless of legislation, society is moving more "liberal" on the issue and legislation cannot stop that trend.  Talk about it all day, but the move toward more pot use is steady and unstoppable. (Even though I personally feel it should remain illegal.  More teens on pot = bad idea.).

--- Now, it is almost Friday, and this thread seems to be warming up quickly and have some serious "Friday Meltdown" potential.   Perhaps it is time to talk about that ridiculous troll up there and get things fired up!

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Revenge of the Nerd

The hard part about activism is getting people on your side.  It's one thing to be passionate about what you believe in.  But when it becomes grossly offensive like this?  People become alienated and stop listening.

+2

Dr. King was also a proponent of tolerance and non-violence.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Why is it sideways?

Was it the overuse of quotes and capital letters?

The quitting and then not quitting?

Was it the reminder of what this thread really was about?

The investigation of self?

The new avatar?

Yes.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The hard part about activism is getting people on your side.  It's one thing to be passionate about what you believe in.  But when it becomes grossly offensive like this?  People become alienated and stop listening.

Exactly.

steph  

xor

This thread has more twists and turns and themes than Manti Te'o's girlfriend's issues.