Political Activism Regarding MMJ... (Read 420 times)

I'm still refilling the plastic trays at the tap, and stacking them in the freezer.  Its just a twist of the tray and they pop right out, just like mama used to make!  Cool

---And what is even better is "Flavored ice" :-)  Put the trays in there at the same time some mint ice cream is sitting in the freezer with the lid open?  You have mint flavored ice cubes.    Put the trays in there when someone has thrown in some beef to freeze?  You get ice cubes with a hint of beef flavor!   Put the trays in there at the same time someone has thrown in some shrimp to freeze?  Shrimp flavored ice cubes!  Now THAT adds a kick to a glass of Dr Pepper!   :-)

---Nowadays, I have the fancy freezer that you mash the button and get your ice that way, automatic.  But not certain if that is a reflection of "lazy".  These days I run every day.  Back in the days when I was cracking ice (actual ice, not the drugs!), I was a lazy mofo in those days.

(And yes, I know "nowadays" is not a word.  I am from Louisiana and that word IS in our dictionary...)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

beachrun

I just want to know.  Are there any devout, gay, MMJ activist Christians that smuggle drugs?  There must be one or two somewhere.  Speak up!  Is it possible that what made the blind man "see" was a big fat jay rolled by Jesus ?  Certainly JC would want to eliminate pain in the suffering and we know he did at least one drug himself.

Ice cubes!   One of the few great human inventions along with a few others like hot water, hydraulics and electricity. (The paper clip?)

MrNamtor

Not to be harsh, but you made your bed and now you have to lie in it.  You put your family, reputation, and career at risk to support a law that is clearly being abused by druggies without a real medical need for "MMJ".  Unlike MLK, your cause is not worth your life or your wife's life.  The local papers didn't "out" you, you outed yourself.  If you don't already have one, you and your wife might want to consider buying a gun and learning how to use it.

Excuse me, but the cause is life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, i.e. freedom.  Totally worth it, despite what you say here.

Regarding the insanity of having to have mj as medicine and not simply legal for use by adults, i agree that people should not need to fake an illness to legally buy or grow or use mj. It should be completely legal as both as medicine and a substance for consciousness expansion and recreation, just as it is in washington and colorado, and just as it will eventually be throughout the US.

Furthermore, enjoying and using mj does not make one a "druggie" anymore than drinking alcoholic beverages makes one a "druggie" or even an alcoholic. As a former drinker of alcohol and smoker of tobacco, I can tell you that these two legal substances are more dangerous and have a much tighter hold on people than the supposed evil weed.

MrNamtor

The ability to adequately treat pain and, supposedly, a great deal of other symptoms is probably worth quite a bit to many people. You weren't really harsh here, you were just being a dick.

oh yeah this too. +10000

When i broke my ribs last summer while training for a race, i was given Vicodin at the hospital. Totally addictive, dangerous, takes 30-40 minutes to relieve pain and even then you still feel some pain.

What i found was that a small puff of mj was far more effective for pain control. Pain was instantly gone. Instantly. So why the hell is it preferable to have less effective, more addictive and dangerous narcotic pain killers in place of a highly effective, non-narcotic, non-physically addictive pain killers? Again, the insanity of it is so evident.

Sadly I am not political on this issue, either side of the fence.  HOWEVER,,,, I do have questions :

Does anyone support using medical Marijuana for running and give reasons?

Does anyone condemn using medical Marijuana for running and give reasons?

Think harder than "cheech and chong don't run" etc...  I am looking for some good stuff here.

5k  = 19.48 10/1/13

10k  = 45.28 4/16/13

Half Marathon = 1:38.53  Summer Sizzle 7/13/14

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/12  4:39.11

Solo O Marathon 06/02/13  3:52:10

Operation Jack Marathon 12/26/13 3:40.34

beachrun

Excuse me, but the cause is life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, i.e. freedom.  Totally worth it, despite what you say here.

Regarding the insanity of having to have mj as medicine and not simply legal for use by adults, i agree that people should not need to fake an illness to legally buy or grow or use mj. It should be completely legal as both as medicine and a substance for consciousness expansion and recreation, just as it is in washington and colorado, and just as it will eventually be throughout the US.

Furthermore, enjoying and using mj does not make one a "druggie" anymore than drinking alcoholic beverages makes one a "druggie" or even an alcoholic. As a former drinker of alcohol and smoker of tobacco, I can tell you that these two legal substances are more dangerous and have a much tighter hold on people than the supposed evil weed.

+1

It would be like me defending eating a Big Mac and fries for every meal by saying, "well it is better than me eating deep fried butter".

Can we go back to the deep fried butter thing for a minute? Anyone know who I can call to get a little of that action?