Weird Chest cold symptoms (Read 691 times)

I have recently begun running in the AM's in order to beat the heat as well as to decrease the excuses for not running. However, I have noticed that after the run, throughout the morning I am left with the nagging feeling of a sarting chest cold. I feel a little yucky, but it seems to go away after the late morning. No coughing, just that yucky feeling you get (or at least I get) that implies an impending cold. Okay, so I know the obvious, "maybe I'm getting a cold", but this has been an issue even when I was running in the afternoons, it just didnt seem as noticable. Any ideas out there? Am I turning into a hypochondirac?
    Ed4

Barefoot and happy

If you're not sleeping enough, or stressed out, or overtraining, or chronically dehydrated, your immune system may not be 100%, and you can be chronically slightly sick. I often feel that running is like an early warning system for my health. If anything is starting to go wrong, I notice it first in how I feel during and after runs. Usually just getting extra sleep and fluids, and sticking to healthy food for a couple days clears up a general feeling of malaise before it turns into a real cold.
      Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
      PWL

Has been

I'm been having the same issues, anonymous running forum girl. How confusing! Cool

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

mikeymike

Wow two people, both 26, from Lisbon Falls, Maine. What are the odds? Oh and a guy from Cambridge. And I used to live in Cambridge. Wow. And now everyone who's posted in this thread lives in New England. Wow. Oh the topic at hand? Um, no I got nothing. Maybe it's the humidity in the mornings? Wink

Runners run

Wow two people, both 26, from Lisbon Falls, Maine. What are the odds? Oh and a guy from Cambridge. And I used to live in Cambridge. Wow. And now everyone who's posted in this thread lives in New England. Wow. Wink
            not anymore Tongue

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've been to New England...Old England, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

I work in Cambridge now, but used to live there too. Could it be allergy related? Just guessing.
                  Ooo, a coincidence indeed Wink Me thinks we have been found out PWL. Perhaps it is allergies (and all this darn humidity), as I'm aging I'm noticing less and less resistance to these things. Booo to getting older!

Burninated Peasant

It's been a couple years, but I used to have similar issues in the summer if I ran faster than I should have. I usually just chalked it up to allergies/air pollution.
                    PWL

Has been

Wow two people, both 26, from Lisbon Falls, Maine. What are the odds? Oh and a guy from Cambridge. And I used to live in Cambridge. Wow. And now everyone who's posted in this thread lives in New England. Wow. Oh the topic at hand? Um, no I got nothing. Maybe it's the humidity in the mornings? Wink
                      Lisbon Falls is a HUGE town. It's like the New York City of tiny rural New England towns. We've gotta have like 12, maybe 15 people per square mile. Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."