80 MILE/270 MILE RELAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Read 469 times)

x-country_grl

Has anyone ever ran these races before. If not they are totally awesome.U should check them out. Smile
      My wife and I are a part of a 6 member team doing a 195 mile relay from Ft. Collins CO. to Steamboat Springs CO. The race is called Get Your Ass Over The Pass and is the first weekend in August. It will be our first attempt at a race like this, and should be a challenge!
      "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
      x-country_grl

Wow 195 m. I could never ever do that even if a am on a team. I did a past 80 Mile Relay it went from Mesick, MI to Manistee, MI. It was my first time too but u have the reason to be afraid.192 WOW!! Shocked
          I've run the River to River Relay in Southern Illinois for the past 4 years. My favorite race each year, for sure. 8 man teams cover 80 miles. http://rrr.olm.net/ Tough race to get into though. Always closes the same day registration opens up.

Sack up and run.