Imrobable Friday (Read 235 times)

Ojo

My grandfather did this -- we were in Mexico on vacation and he came down one morning and said he had to leave because he had a bad feeling.  Sure enough his brother had died.  Odd.

Years later, late at night I had an odd feeling about my grandfather and thought he died.  I called him (it was a 2 hour difference so very late) and he picked up the phone and said, "What?  Did you think I died?"  So strange.  We had a good laugh.

Loved that man -- he lived to be 94.

My mother once awoke in the middle of the night and said to my Dad "My sister's been in an accident."  About ten minutes later they got a call that said sister (one of 5) had been in one. Now, an uber-skeptic would say that was coincidence. That out of 7 billion people on earth, some will have dreams about siblings being in accidents, and some siblings will get in accidents, so therefore (according to their uber-logic) my mother's experience was pure coincidence. Well, I prefer to think that we don't know everything yet, and "I really don't know exactly what happened" to be an intelligent answer.

Sara

MM #2929

BeeRunB

My grandfather did this -- we were in Mexico on vacation and he came down one morning and said he had to leave because he had a bad feeling.  Sure enough his brother had died.  Odd.

Years later, late at night I had an odd feeling about my grandfather and thought he died.  I called him (it was a 2 hour difference so very late) and he picked up the phone and said, "What?  Did you think I died?"  So strange.  We had a good laugh.

Loved that man -- he lived to be 94.

Great story!

TripleBock

Or aliens took you removed the graphite and returned you ... of course erasing your memory of it.

So if you haven't been stabbed by a rouge pencil, does that mean you are an alien?

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

apparently this is not an improbable event. I have the same thing in the little web between my index and middle finger.

Hey, I've got one too, in the web of my thumb.  The mean upperclassman 8th grader did it on purpose.

Once I dropped a pencil in school. My reaction time must have been too fast because as the pencil was falling, I was reaching down to pick it up. Well, the pencil landed on the eraser end and rather than falling over on its side like it would 999 times out of a 1000, it was pointing straight up. My hand, still traveling down to pick up the pencil, went right into the lead end of the pencil, and was basically jammed/stuck in my palm. Of course I had to show my class mates, who thought it was pretty cool.  When I pulled the pencil out of my hand, some lead broke off in my hand. I didn't want to get in trouble for screwing off, so I didn't say anything.

That was nearly 40 years ago and I still have a little fragment of lead in my pam that I show people when I share the story.  That lead is going with me to the grave I guess.

Wow. Other folks have done similar!  And let me add by saying I did the same, reacting to grab the pencil....    As I thrust my arm down, the eraser caught on my pants (as my knees bent slightly) and the penciltip jammed into my lower arm.   I also have only this one "tattoo".

So I suppose "inadvertent self stabbing by pencil" is actually quite common...   At least amongst us males.  (I am just guessing that when most girls dropped their pencils, they just let it drop, then pick it up afterwards).  

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Joann Y

Got one in my left palm. Girls are stupid too.

it happens across the Atlantic, too. using a tungsten dart to chisel into a 2B pencil left me with some incidental hand-art.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Hey, I've got one too, in the web of my thumb.  The mean upperclassman 8th grader did it on purpose.

Ouch! I had a similar event. In 4th grade, my friends and I were fooling around in class and someone threw their pencil at me. It lodged into my lower lip. I had a black mark there for years until it evetually faded away.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

One time, a visitor to our church here in Maine sat down next to my husband.  DH is friendly and asked where he was from.  "Wisconsin."  "Oh, really?  I am, too! Where in Wisconsin?"  "Madison."  "Me, too!"  Long story short, they discovered that they were in the same home room in 7th grade!  What are the chances??  I thought it was amazing they figured that out.

One time, a visitor to our church here in Maine sat down next to my husband.  DH is friendly and asked where he was from.  "Wisconsin."  "Oh, really?  I am, too! Where in Wisconsin?"  "Madison."  "Me, too!"  Long story short, they discovered that they were in the same home room in 7th grade!  What are the chances??  I thought it was amazing they figured that out. 

Your story reminded me of this old joke:

Two guys are playing golf. The women in front of them are really taking their time and are slowing the men up.
                      So one man says to his friend, "I'm gonna go ask those ladies if we can play through." 
                      He starts walking, but about halfway there, he turns around. When he gets back, his friend asks what happened.
                      He replies, "One of those women is my wife, and the other is my mistress. Why don't you go talk to them?"
                      So the second man starts to walk over. He gets halfway there and turns around.
                      When he gets back, his friend asks, "Now what happened?"
                      To this he replies, "Small world."

BeeRunB

Or aliens took you removed the graphite and returned you ... of course erasing your memory of it.

Exactly!

BeeRunB

Your story reminded me of this old joke:

Two guys are playing golf. The women in front of them are really taking their time and are slowing the men up.
                          So one man says to his friend, "I'm gonna go ask those ladies if we can play through." 
                          He starts walking, but about halfway there, he turns around. When he gets back, his friend asks what happened.
                          He replies, "One of those women is my wife, and the other is my mistress. Why don't you go talk to them?"
                          So the second man starts to walk over. He gets halfway there and turns around.
                          When he gets back, his friend asks, "Now what happened?"
                          To this he replies, "Small world."

Fanilow

That would explain alot.

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

BeeRunB

One time when I was in high school, I went out to a movie with a friend and his new girlfriend. I picked them up at his house, and had no clue where she lived. After we finished up the night at the Newport Creamery (nothing kinky, it's a real ice cream place), and it was time to bring her home, I said "Don't tell me where she lives, just picture it in your minds, and I'll just go there by telepathy."  I drove around the city of Pawtucket turning here and there, really trying to go with my gut. I stopped the car where I really felt she lived.

She yells out "No wayyyyyyyy! You guys are playing a prank on me!"

I had stopped 4 houses down from where she lived.  Close.

It wasn't a prank. My friend and I both knew something interesting had happened.

I'm sure there's an explanation.

But I'll go with "the 6th scent":  people's scents change the closer they get to home. And I used my "poochy sense"

Wing

Joggaholic

Chafing, in the navel. Happened yesterday, apparently the short's draw string knot and the flipbelt conspired against me.