In Michigan, not cherries (Read 438 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Best. wine. EVER. did and I ate at the Key To the County restaurant (which I highly recommend) years ago while on a romantic weekend in the Leelanau area (my very favorite part of MI). Made the mistake of ordering a second bottle. So much for romance...I was way too drunk to be good for anything but bed spins.... One of these days I want to buy a case of that dry riesling. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sniff* I just disovered that the Key to the County restaurant was auctioned off for sale earlier this year...so sad. That was, by far, the most impressive meal we ever had. Food that looked like art and tasted even better than it looked. I think their location hurt them, maybe. They were nowhere near the water. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I actually just got back home from running the cherry festival 15k. Those people take their cherries very seriously, a little too seriously, methinks.
          I actually just got back home from running the cherry festival 15k. Those people take their cherries very seriously, a little too seriously, methinks.
          Seacow, too serious?? How was the race!? Very scenic? I have a couple friends near that area and thought that'd be a fun race to do once I get to that level.
            It was a good race forsure. I wish the course spent a little more time along the water, but even away from the shore, its beautiful country nonetheless. Good size, lots of community support, tons of families sitting at the end of their driveways cheering you on as you run by, and it finishes along a parade route (yes, the have cherry parades), so lots of support in the last mile to spur you on. My only complaint was that they ran out of shirts. I didn't get there very early, so I can understand to a point, but they even ran out of the technical shirts, for which I paid extra when I registered months earlier. Supposedly they are going to mail it to me, we will see. Smile But overall, I would certainly recommend it, I will do it again next year if time permits.