Running with knives (Read 579 times)

This would be the weirdest run to date and will probably remain that way for sometime. I started off at a mod/hard pace and felt good. A little before mile 3 my calf tightened up so I slowed down and went easy before it loosened up and I started to refocus a little before mile 5. My focus did not last long since at the mile 5 mark I encountered a two guys out walking their dogs. They appeared to be having some sort of confrontation I wasn't sure if it was friendly or not. When I got close the man in white tried to stop me and asking if I had seen what happened and that the other guy had a knife. By the time I was past I had lost focus and concerned about what had just happened so I slowed down and looked back seeing that they were arguing more. I turned around as the two were starting to fight. The guy in the black hoodie who apparently had a knife tried throwing a punch. I yelled at both of the guys to break it up and they actually started to back away from each other. I got between them and told both guys to go their separate ways and they did. But it gets better. As I continued on my way the guy in the white was going to same way so he continued to talk to me as I was hoping to start running again. He informed me that the guy who may have had a knife had threatened him before and slashed his car tires and a few other peoples tires in the apartment parking lot where I live. The guy called the police and since I was a witness I decided to help the guy out and give a statement. I was able to finished my last mile and met the guy and the police in front of the apartment complex. I told the story and had to fill out a statement, which took about 1/2 hour and I learned that the guy had been reported buy a few other people and the apartment management was trying to get the guy kicked out. The good news is the guy with the knife who I have seen many other times while running doesn't know my apartment number or what car I drive. And he also doesn't know that I gave a statement to the police. So hopefully if I see him again he wont have a grudge because I broke up the confrontation. It was probably a good thing that I stopped since it took place out on the path where I run and no one was around at the time. Who knows what could have happened. And that was my run last night.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Holy crap! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My legs are killing me

Good job helping the guy out! Most people wouldn't want to get involved.
          Wow good for you Dude, that took alot of guts. Good job!!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

And he also doesn't know that I gave a statement to the police.
            A word of caution...he doesn't know YET. He will know eventually, at the latest at trial (assuming he gets arrested and charged with something), at the earliest when the cops talk to him (they may give that information, it's not confidential). I've been in that situation. If I were you I'd pick a different route to run and carry some mace or something til it blows over. Yikes.
            2009 Goals:
            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
            Run a 10K
            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
            Complete my first Sprint Tri
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow good for you Dude, that took alot of guts. Good job!!
              Boy, that's for sure! I would have run away as fast as I could! I'm glad it turned out OK.