Skipping ahead 2 weeks on 18-week program? (Read 611 times)

Hi All, I am currently training for a May 4th marathon (NJ). After some thinking, I’ve decided that I just wouldn't enjoy or feel comfortable running a race during the time I am usually in church. Therefore, I’m thinking of running the Jersey Shore Marathon, which is two weeks earlier. Instead of running 4,7,4, 11 this week, I would be jumping to 5,8,5, 18. Anyone have thoughts on the advisability/feasibility of doing this?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

jeffdonahue

It kind of depends on where you fall on the training program I think. Without seeing your log it's hard to say. If 11 miles was going to be the most you had run up till now, jumping to an 18 miler is just asking for injury. If the 11 is one of your cut back weeks and you have done a 16 miler already I would say you might be okay. Probably need to provide more information as to where your trianing is right now.
        Thank you very much for your reply. It is my first marathon, BUT last week I ran 15 and it is a step-back week.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hawt and sexy

I say ask God while you are at church.

I'm touching your pants.

obsessor

I am all for prayer. Pray. Because any shot at a good race will be based on prayer. Pray for a miracle. Have you not hear that little homily, "God helps those who ____ ___________."? modified to add... I guess you have until may. It's a little bit of time. It could be done. Big mileage jumps are possible when you've been there before, recently. Or with luck.
            mikeymike

It's just that marathon training plans are mostly imaginary anyway.

Runners run