Today I noticed that RA is asking me to log in -- a lot more than it normally does.  Probably 10-15 times today already.

I'm using chrome on vista, if that matters.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hmm, interesting.

I don't seem to be seeing this problem at work.  I wonder what can be causing this locally on my home PC?

...---...

This happens to me at work (PC using Firefox) occasionally. I rarely have to log on at home (Mac using Safari).

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

eric :)

This is probably a browser issue.  If the browser loses the session info (tends to happen if you have an overly strict antivirus software), then the RA server will not know who you are and would require you to log in again.
            Hmm.  Still scratching my head on this one.  Other sites are not challenging me at home.  I haven't changed anything with my browser or my antivirus software.  I tried deleting my cookies but that didn't help.  Still a problem only at home -- I seem to get challenged after a short period -- 10 minutes?  1/2 hour?  hard to keep track.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

FWIW, I have two cookies for this site -- .ASPAUTH and ASP.NET_SessionId -- both are set to expire at end of session.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Thanks.  Looks like chrome keeps all its cookies in one file.  I don't have the secrit decoder ring to figure out the runningahead cookies there.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You could try creating a new profile to see if the problem is specific to profile.

I mean, with firefox, you can create a whole new profile under the same logged in user; not sure if you can do that with Chrome. Otherwise, you could try creating a whole new user to login as, just for the purposes of the test.

Mind you, if the problem doesn't occur with the new user, I'm not sure what to do about it...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I noticed a cookie _utmb expires "soon" related to runningahead.com.  A web search pointed at google analytics.

Hmm.  I installed google apps on 8/2 -- not sure why.  I wonder if this has any impact when I remove it...

MTA: nope, that didn't help

eric :)

There is a problem with your browser and cookies.  It is either not storing or retrieving the cookie properly.  The server remembers you for about 10 minutes.  If you're not active during this time, you'll be logged out unless your browser provides the cookie.  The cookies mentioned by AmoresPerros are session cookies and are not the problem.

As for what you can do to fix it, I don't have any good solutions.  You can try deleting your RA cookie (or all your cookies) and see whether a new one is created when you log in.

I've tried deleting my cookies and this hasn't helped.

This has started happening at work just today.

I wonder if chrome pushed out a new version, which took time between my home and my work versions.

FWIW I'm not having trouble with other sites, staying logged in.