Getting hole in right big toe area (Read 135 times)

Grell

Hello, I am very new to jogging, I have only been doing it for the past 2 months or less.  One problem that I keep having is that my right big toe keeps wearing into the shoe and producing a hole in the sole of the shoe eventually.  I have $100 running shoes and I would hate to see them get a hole like all my other non-running shoes.  Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Buy shoes that fit your foot.

Or, cut the toe box yourself so your toes are free to do their thing.

Liz

pace sera, sera

spinach

I have a similar problem, In the last few years my right big toe developed a bad arthritis case at its base and it has developed a large boney bump similar to a bunion. This has caused some difficulty in finding shoes that fit my toe and the rest of my feet and my running style. The big difference with you is my uppers above my big toe wear out.  The shoes that work the best for me are shoes that have a large toe box. Two shoe manufacturers that do have a large toe box that you might want it look at if you can find them are Altra and Skora. They are fairly expensive and have some other properties that might not fit your running style so I wouldn't buy them unless you can find a place that carries them and you can try them on.

Reminds me of every pair of Aisics I've ever owned, every single pair had a hole in the right toebox.