prob. importing shoe info (Read 537 times)

Bogart

My apologies first if this question has already been asked and answered, or if I neglected to read an instruction... I just imported all my Cool Running data (the folks at Active Trainer being very cooperative and quick with their response to my request) and the names from my shoe log seen to have been mixed up. For example, all the various types of Brooks shoes (ie Brooks Adreneline 2007-1, 2007-2, 2007-3) now show up as AdidasBrooks 1, AdidasBrooks2 etc down to AdidasBrooks 11, all with various km totals -- I'm not sure which is my current shoe with this list. Thanks for any suggestions. Later the same day... I'm exploring this site more and I think I can now decipher the shoe names via the Training Log/Shoes section.
    eric :)

Bogart, The importer matches the names of the shoes in your CR log against what's known in the database. Unfortunately, the database became polluted because users do not enter the proper model name (they tend to include additional information that's supposed to go into the serial field). I'll be cleaning that up for the next version of the log. I looked through the adidas list but see no brooks so I suspect that the original shoe data in your data file may not be correct (e.g. Brooks Adreneline should be Brooks Adrenaline) and the importer got confused (which isn't hard to do). The importer keeps the original shoe name in the notes section of the shoe. Show if edit the shoe, you'll find the original shoe name there and can change it to what it was before. eric Smile