Sesame Place 5k (Read 1259 times)

mgerwein... I think you were asking about this. Smile MTA: I guess you meant 2008. Blush I fixed it, sorry.
  • Sesame Place 5k 2008 Courier-Kiwanis Sesame Place Classic The 10th annual Courier-Kiwanis Sesame Place Classic will be held on Sunday, May 18, 2008, at Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pa. The one-mile fun run begins at 8:05 a.m., followed by the 5K race at 8:30 a.m. and the Sesame Sprint, a 100-yard dash for children, at 9:15 a.m. (approximately). For more information, click here . The event will be held rain or shine. Proceeds benefit the Dick Dougherty Scholarship Fund. Money from the fund will be donated to the 15 Lower Bucks County high schools for use in their general college scholarship funds. Schedule 7-8 a.m.: Registration and packet pickup 8:05 a.m.: 1-mile Fun Run/Walk 8:30 a.m.: 5K Race 9:15 a.m. (approximately): Sesame Sprint 9:30 a.m.: Awards Ceremony Entry Information Individuals The pre-registration entry fee is $20 per person by Friday, May 9; the entry fee is $25 the morning of the event. Groups The entry fee is $20 per person for groups of 20 or more. ($15 per person goes toward the race, $5 per person goes to the group). Groups must submit all entry forms together with one combined check to receive group discount. All pre-registered entrants will receive a beautiful Courier-Kiwanis Sesame Place Classic T-shirt. All entrants will receive FREE ADMISSION to Sesame Place on the day of the event. Click here to obtain a Registration Form Prizes The top overall male and female finishers in the 5K each will receive $100; second-place finishers $75 each; third-place finishers $50 each; and men's and women's Masters winners $25 each. Plaques will be awarded to the top three finishers in each age group. The largest group will receive a trophy and $100 prize. Directions to Sesame Place Sesame Place is easily accessible from all major highways. FROM I-95: Take Exit 46 (U.S. Route 1 North); get off at the first exit (Oxford Valley); make a right at the light; Sesame Place is one-half mile on the right. FROM U.S. 1 NORTH: Get off at the Oxford Valley exit (first exit past I-95); make a right at the light; Sesame Place is one-half mile on the right. FROM U.S. 1 SOUTH: Get off at the Oxford Valley exit (last exit before I-95); make a left at the light; Sesame Place is one-half mile on the right. Click here to obtain a Registration Form
  • Michelle

The course is flat, it goes around Oxford Valley Mall. They have characters (Cookie Monster and Elmo were there when we went) around before and after the race, so the kids love it! I like this race because I beat my husband that day. Big grin

Michelle

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thanks! I'll have to look into this for this year. We've been there a few times with my older son, but the younger one has yet to experience SS. Since he has expressed an interest in running with me, this might be a great way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
          My kids LOVE Sesame Place! Let me know if they do this race again this year and we may make the trip up!
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Here's the info on this year's race - we won't be able to make it as my older son's Eagle Court of Honor for Boy Scouts is the same day. Next year, maybe (as long as the younger is still interested)! www.formrouter.net/circulation%40BUCKS/promos/classic/images_files/2008_registration.pdf MTA: link

The voice of mile 18

can't get the link to work when is this race?

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Maybe they should give you a coooookie at the finish line. Either that or a musical banana!
                I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                  My kids LOVE Sesame Place! Let me know if they do this race again this year and we may make the trip up!
                  I fixed it. It is this year too. Blush

Michelle

can't get the link to work when is this race?
                    The 10th annual Courier-Kiwanis Sesame Place Classic will be held on Sunday, May 18, 2008, at Sesame Place in Langhorne, Pa.

Michelle

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Try it now...think I got it working. Nevermind, Cheddar - Mrs. Sippy got it working in her initial message.
                        Try it now...think I got it working. Nevermind, Cheddar - Mrs. Sippy got it working in her initial message.
                        Multi-tasking at work is never a good idea - errors will happen. Blush

Michelle

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Here's the info on this year's race - we won't be able to make it as my older son's Eagle Court of Honor for Boy Scouts is the same day. Next year, maybe (as long as the younger is still interested)! www.formrouter.net/circulation%40BUCKS/promos/classic/images_files/2008_registration.pdf MTA: link
                          Mike, congratulations to your son! My son has finished his project and report, but still needs to complete two badges. It's a big accomplishment!
                          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thanks Teresa! He actually received notice late last July that he had passed all reviews through National, but we were unable to pull together a COH before he had to report to college for his job in the Athletic Dept. So now that exams are finishing, he will finally get his badge.