3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

madness baby

Outkast - Morris Brown" It's got a whole marching band thing in the background that is completely amazing to run to. And my friend "Scar" from high school is featured in it, so that's kind of fun. Remember the Name - Fort Minor Read about this song here somewhere and just love it now. Nelly Furtado - Maneater Just guess why girls love this one. These are great suggestions; thanks everyone.
    deb
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Outkast - Morris Brown" It's got a whole marching band thing in the background that is completely amazing to run to. Nelly Furtado - Maneater Just guess why girls love this one.
      I downloaded Maneater when you recommended it a while back--it really IS awesome to run to! I'm liking Morris Brown, too...I also love marching bands. If anyone knows of any good, fast-paced marching band stuff on iTunes, I am ALL ears! Stuff like in Drumline would be incredible to run to! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think I'm the only girl here that doesn't have any music sung by a female. I did have some Evenesance but that got old. I need to find me some that I like.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

madness baby

I downloaded Maneater when you recommended it a while back--it really IS awesome to run to! I'm liking Morris Brown, too...I also love marching bands. If anyone knows of any good, fast-paced marching band stuff on iTunes, I am ALL ears! Stuff like in Drumline would be incredible to run to!
          Yes, I agree. More drum songs! K, I'm glad you like Maneater! When I realized that I forgot to take my Shuffle to my half marathon (oh yes, many many 4-letter words), I was so devastated, and mostly upset about those few songs that really work for me in the last few miles of a long run. I've been known to listen to maneater 3x in a row when I'm feeling particularly bleh.
          deb
            Ok downloaded me some Gwen Stefani. I'm going to have to listen to Maneater again.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes, I agree. More drum songs!
              I found some free marching band podcasts, but either they didn't work, they were videos, or the quality was bad and they were the more traditional, slower stuff. k

~ Sarah Kay

mbk

I have a $15 iTunes gift card...I'm drawing a blank at what songs I'd like to have to run to. So...what are your top 3 songs that get you pumped on a run? k
                I can't think of three specific songs, but here are the bands on my iPod (I have a shuffle so I have only exercise-worthy songs on there): Sleater-Kinney Sonic Youth Arctic Monkeys Be Your Own Pet Ben Kweller White Stripes R.L. Burnside Led Zeppelin Can't go wrong with Sleater-Kinney, Be Your Own Pet or most Sonic Youth for working out.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

(I have a shuffle so I have only exercise-worthy songs on there)
                  Funny you should say that. I make a point of trying to avoid messing with my iPod once I am running (I'm klutzy enough without trying to operate that device while moving)...I might as well have a shuffle, since I pretty much select a playlist (I try to make them at least an hour long, otherwise I will set it to repeat), flip the hold switch, and go. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Pictures of Matchstick Men- Camper Van Beethoven Kiss Him Goodbye- Steam Rock and Roll Fantasy- Bad Company (you have to rip this one...they only have the live version on iTunes)
                    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, until you lose.

madness baby

Ok downloaded me some Gwen Stefani. I'm going to have to listen to Maneater again.
                      Yes, Rich Girl and Hollaback Girl! Maneater doesn't work for me when I'm not running, actually. Kind of weird. . . I love the female singers. I hate Christina Aguilera, but I like Fighter when running. 3LW, Playas Gonna Play Nelly Furtado, Baby Girl India Arie, Video or any from that album, actually Black Eyed Peas, Beautiful People These girls also have a great beat: Mary Chapin Carpenter, Rihanna, Sheryl Crow, Dixie Chicks. I grew up in Mississippi. My roots are all confusing, and I realize I like a really weird mix of music.
                      deb
                      OverAnalyzer

oh yeah, hollaback girl is great. fighter, too! need to go make a playlist myself!
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate Britney Spears, but I keep thinking that Toxic would probably be a good song to run to--there are some good, long remixes of that, too.... k

~ Sarah Kay

OverAnalyzer

I hate Britney Spears, but I keep thinking that Toxic would probably be a good song to run to--there are some good, long remixes of that, too.... k
                            Shocked I confess to having "Hit me baby one more time" on my iPod.....tee hee. I just remembered another fave -- Outkast's "I like the Way You Move"
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just remembered another fave -- Outkast's "I like the Way You Move"
                              That Hey Ya song would probably be a good one, too... I still haven't downloaded any. I want to wait until I have 15 really awesome picks! Though I am thinking I need to go through my CD collection and rip some tunes to my iTunes library very soon! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

It depends on my mood, really. One of my closet loves has always been Metal: Thunderstruck - AC/DC (Or anything by AC/DC, really. They've made the same album for 30 years, so take your pick.) Fuel - Metallica More Human than Human - White Zombie But I grew up in the mountains: Orange Blossom Special Folsom Prison Blues - Cash Workin' Man's Blues - Haggard And LOVE Underground Country (Y'allternative, if you will.) The Road Goes on Forever - Robert Earl Keen Copperhead Road - Steve Earle Drown - Son Volt Mike