3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just checked on I-tunes. They have the song all chopped apart! This is seriously my most favorite running song! I have PR'd my 5k time to it and hit the wall in an 18 mile training run (but finished it) and also listened to it during my full marathon.... the instrumental parts and LaBrie's vocals have so much energy. Good stuff to draw from while running! Runnergabe
    I can definitely see where that would be a good song. I like extended remixes of stuff just for the ability to be able to go and go at a single tempo. I'll bet my brother has it--I know he's got quite a few of their discs. He runs, too, so maybe I can have him burn me a CD with some of his faves that would be good for running to. Thanks for that recommendation! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Oh my this is tough, just the top three? Well, for a fast run I like... 1. Next contestant- Nickelback 2. Pain- Three Days Grace 3. Anthem- Good Charlotte For an easy run more along the lines of... 1. Good day to run- Daryl Worley 2. Dance with the devil- Breaking Benjamin 3. Life is a highway- Racal Flatts

Michelle

Sorry I am late to the party my 3 would have to be Shoot to Thrill AC/DC Alive- Pearl Jam Enter Sandman - Metallica
        Mishka-old log

1. Puff the Magic Dragon 2. Lady in Red 3. Hands Across America
            Ring of Fire-Johnny Cash Pump It Up-Elvis Costello,specifically off "Live at El Macambo" Sympathy for the Devil- the Stones
              Eminem - Lose Your Self Nas - Hate me now Survivor - Eye of the tiger Fort Minor - Remember the Name Rocky Soundtrack - Training montage (this is my warmup song) I like the rap or hip hop type songs. Usually when i run i run to the beat of the songs that i'm listening to. So if i listen to rap type of songs i will get a good work out in. Wish i was on my computer i could just copy and paste my running playlist.
              dhrun

AC/DC has always been a good group to help me finish a tough run.
                  The song I don't usually tell people is on my ipod is (don't laugh too loud)... I think we're alone now - by Tiffany Blush I like the line "running just as fast as we can"...plus it's a neat flashback to 10th grade.

Michelle

Three, hard to pick just three. Dashboard Confessional Reason To Believe Oh sweet lungs don't fail me now Your burning has turned into fear It drills me in my every step But you're always on my heels (Always makes me laugh and run fast) Springsteen For You (raw passion) Linkin Park Breaking the Habit (especially good for the last mile of any long run)
                    I don't run fast, I run steady.
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Here's a few weird ones, but they're very effective for running. 1) "Furious Angels" (Instrumental) - Rob Dougan from the "Matrix Reloaded" soundtrack. Techno is not really my thing, but whenever I listen to this one, I can't help but imagine that Agent Smith and his cronies are hot on my heels and that I better put it in gear or I'm a dead man. 2) Theme from "Halloween". Okay, if the opening eight notes of Beethoven's 5th are the most famous in all of music, then the 10-note motif from "Halloween" is the most terrifying. I swear, I could be driving 70mph on a freeway in broad daylight, and if this sucker shuffles up on my iPod, I lock the doors and make sure my back seat is empty. Surprised Well, those are two very paranoid choices. Maybe I should see someone about this feeling that everyone's out to get me. Or maybe that's just what they want me to do. Wink 3) Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner. Be the great Hammer of Thor and destroy the road in front of you! 4) The whole CD of "The Power And The Glory: The Original Music & Voices Of NFL Films." This might be a guy thing Zoom-Zoom, but I tell you what -- this music, along with the voice of the legendary John Facenda -- will either push you to a PR or make you tackle the person running next to you Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3) Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner. Be the great Hammer of Thor and destroy the road in front of you!
                        Ha, I can totally see where this would be really awesome on my iPod! Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit...die, Pace Bunny, DIE! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha, I can totally see where this would be really awesome on my iPod! Kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit, kill da wabbit...die, Pace Bunny, DIE!
                          Glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that, 'cuz I would have snarfed it right through my nose. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

shyrunner07

1. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley 2. Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner (good warmup song) 3. Teenagers by My Chemical Romance and since i can't stop at 3... Smile 4. Alright Now by Free 5. the album Infinity on High by Fall Out Boy (my sister would be so proud that i've finally latched onto these guys Tongue) 6. Paint it Black by the rolling stones 7. Brown Sugar by the rolling stones 8. Jumpin Jack Flash by the rolling stones
                            jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Proud Mary by Ike and Tina Turner (good warmup song)
                              I always thought this would be a good song to set on repeat and alternate slow and fast running...

Anything by the Rolling Stones, AC DC...
                                Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4