3 favorite running songs? (Read 4293 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

oh! k- have you heard The Sounds yet? Totally digging that group! Def check out "Ego" and "Tony the Beat"...Good stuff. Smile
    I know I've heard OF them, but I can't think of what they sound like. I will have to check out iTunes.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

I know I've heard OF them, but I can't think of what they sound like. I will have to check out iTunes.
      oooh, you should! I think itunes said they are a Swedish group...! They definitely remind me of the Killers sound..."Painted by Numbers" is another good one of theirs. I downloaded 3 of their tunes last night, but i'm liking them so much, i guess i'm gonna have to go for the rest of the disc, and the other one they have out....
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait, I think I know where I have heard of them...Viva La Bam--I think they played at Bam Margera and his bride's wedding (along with Iggy Pop--how wild is that?!). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A few new addtions to my Dope Runnin' Groovz Playlist: 1) U2: "The Fly" and "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)". Two of the most runnable tracks from their best album, Achtung Baby. But as I've been doing a bit lately, I used an audio editor and sped the tracks up to about 140 bpm. The results are a little...crazy. Songs that are fairly busy sound downright chaotic when sped up. It's like, "Bono, chill the hell out, dude." Hard to listen to standing still, but great to run to. 2) Depeche Mode "Enjoy the Silence." Unlike the above songs, this song sounds like it was made to be sped up to 140 bpm, probably due to its spare instrumentation. I'm not sure I can even listen to the regular "slow" version anymore. 3) Garbage "Special." Shirley Manson's voice is alternately angelic and caustic, and I suppose that's what makes Garbage so interesting to listen to. One of the many bands I regret having lost track of as I've gotten older. This album (2.0) also havs several other great running tracks, like "Temptation Waits," When I Grow Up," "Hammering in My Head," and 'Dumb." 4) Pixies "Wave of Mutilation": I was only familar with the slower "U.K. Surf" mix of this on the Pump Up the Volume movie soundtrack, but I recently "discovered" the original version when I bought the "Doolittle" album (nothing like a ~20 year lag between release data and me finally buying something, eh?) Cheers, Jeff

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mishka-old log

I do not listen to music while running, but if I was going for beat...
            ***Off-topic Alert*** Modal-dude, You have a pirate-llama on your website. That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.
              ***Off-topic Alert*** Modal-dude, You have a pirate-llama on your website. That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.
              Quatloos is not owned or run by modal. modal just finds that site amusing especially the 419 scams, which are almost as bad as multilevel marketing. modal likes being referred to as Modal-dude and is surprised anyone looked at his profile let alone visited a link posted there. Smile

Vim

shyrunner07

Mitch Ryder's "Devil with a Blue Dress/Good Golly Miss Molly" is a new addition to my playlist... Cool
                  A friend gave me a dvd full of songs from the 70's through present. Instead of searching song by song, I just uploaded them onto my mp3 player, hit shuffle and off I go. It's worked out pretty good and I am going to start deleting songs that I usually ff through. But I came across a couple that I am almost embarrassed to post, but throroughly enjoy running to. "What is love" from Night at the Roxberry. All I can picture is Will Ferrell and that corky romano guy "head banging". And "Take on me" by A-Ha, probably because it reminded me of one of my first dates going to see "Better off Dead" (best movie of all time, by the way) with a girl who loved the song...
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just had to add some Offspring to my running playlist. We already had the CD with "Come Out and Play," but I just downloaded "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" (my son LOVES this song...combine that with his love of "White and Nerdy" and I believe it might end up prophetic...) and "Original Prankster." Good tunes. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Definitely: Cake - Going the Distance Christina Aguilera - Fighter Older Bon Jovi rock songs (hey I'm from NY, it's close enough to Jersey to have it rub off on me!) This was a good post by the way, I've been looking to add some new songs to my run list.
                      “I am a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down...” Abraham Lincoln
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"What is love" from Night at the Roxberry. All I can picture is Will Ferrell and that corky romano guy "head banging".
                        "What is love...baby, don't hurt me, don't hurt me...no mo'." Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

"What is Love". Just came this close to buying that track, but then I checked my iTunes library and realized I already own it. Thus, I avoided paying the iIT (iTunes Idiot Tax) again. Whew! Never seen " A Night at the Roxbury" and I'm sure it's stupid, but that skit never got old for me, so I'm sure I'd have a lot of stupid laughs. I'm a little cheesed off with my Offspring experience, however. I saw that they have a Greatest Hits collection. So I thought hey, I'll buy "Pretty Fly" and "Come out and Play (keep 'em separated)", and maybe I'll use that "Complete the Album" feature, and buy the rest of the album later. But NNNNOOOO! "Come Out and Play" as well as "Self Esteem" are Album Only tracks. Meaning, I can't individually buy them from that album. I can still buy them individually from other albums, but then I'll have three tracks from two different albums, and my little "Complete the Album" idea is for naught. I'll probably buy the GH album, cuz it was only $8.91 for 14 tracks, but I'm still a little peeved! Angry I did discover that Weird Al has a song "Pretty Fly (for a rabbi)", which sounds pretty funny. Wonder if there's a video.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But NNNNOOOO! "Come Out and Play" as well as "Self Esteem" are Album Only tracks. Meaning, I can't individually buy them from that album. I can still buy them individually from other albums, but then I'll have three tracks from two different albums, and my little "Complete the Album" idea is for naught. I'll probably buy the GH album, cuz it was only $8.91 for 14 tracks, but I'm still a little peeved! Angry
                            I own the CD those tracks are off of...perhaps I could e-mail them to you...? Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I own the CD those tracks are off of...perhaps I could e-mail them to you...?
                              You know I would never condone that. Where did you get that awful idea to send them to me? No Thanks! Tongue Actually, I am kidding. I will probably grumble and by the GH album, 'cuz it also has "Why don't you get a job". Four known killer tracks + plus 10 more for $8.91 ain't bad (but "album only" tracks really tick me off!)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

(but "album only" tracks really tick me off!)
                                Yeah, that's really a scam. They pretty much chose the top-selling tracks, too. I have seen that quite a few times on iTunes...but is it iTunes that is doing this or are the artists setting it up that way? k

~ Sarah Kay