Mobile friendlier forums and groups (Read 308 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I cleaned up the forums and groups pages and made them mobile friendlier.  It applies only if the screen width is 480 pixels or less.  I may increase this number from your feedback.  Please let me know what you think of the change, or if I missed a page.  I will do the same for the training log as I go through the log revamp.

eric Smile

mta: the site should also detect your phone's capabilities so that if your phone doesn't work with the text editor, you'll get a plain text box instead.

Feeling the growl again

Eric, I just checked it on my Android and it is a dramatic improvement.  Thanks!

I used to have to hold the phone landscape to really use the site and that is no longer required.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

"run" "2" "eat"

so easy to post now! with bold and italics and underline, too!!

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

muppy

Sweet, thanks Eric !

Fanilow

Yay!!! I can post from my phone without quoting. Smile

2014 goals

Well, there's always next year.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow...it's brilliant!  Perfect on my iPhone 4s (iOS 6)!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

I can post from my phone again! You are the greatest!!!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Mostly harmless

It looks great! Thanks for the continuous improvements to the site!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

This is fantastic!!!!! I had been really frustrated with trying to post from my phone - as I have been most forums, so I figured it was just something I would have to deal with. However, the changes you made have completely changed the mobile experience for the better! Thank you so much for going the extra mile to make this site user-friendly. I do not regret for one moment my decision to come here from that other place a few months ago. Smile

Good morning!  It was like I opened a Christmas present this morning when I looked on RA with my iPhone!

gracias!

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nicely done!

Now all we need is a simplified, mobile-friendly panel for entering workouts.

Yeah, I know -- all Eric does is give, and we just continue to take take take....

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Thank you. Yay! (Posting from the stock Browser.) Firefox still acts funky.
                          xor

Sue sighting!

And, yes, same for me.  The built-in browser works now (win!).  But firefox, on my phone at least, is still finicky.

skygazer

type this from Firefox. but lm more of an Opera user on my cell as it's far faster than other mobile browsers. on Opera, when l hit reply, l don't get a text box.

EDIT: And edited this from my computer. the 480 pixels resolution is a bit coarse (looking forward to future improvement). When I finished typing the above paragraph and thought about adding "and it's great" to the end of 1st sentence, my finger was touching the 1st sentence but didn't get the cursor to move there. Instead, it was the superscript and subsrcipt functions got highlighted. I wasn't aware of that until later and it was too painful to changed them back on the phone. So it's now got "my" at superscript position and "browser" at subscript.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

I like it, but when I am reading a long thread with many pages, it seems to cut off the page numbers and the forward arrow at the bottom and I can't advance. I'm using an iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1..

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54