Garmin peeps, c'mere! (Read 900 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I've been wondering...how many fields do you have displayed on your Garmin and which ones? I have 4: • time of day • run time • current pace • distance I think during races I would probably drop the time of day and swap in average pace. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kenotic Runner

Elevation!!!
      dillydoodles

(You made me look.) For easy and long runs... • Avg Pace • Run Time • HR • Distance If doing intervals/tempo I use current pace instead of avg pace.
          I have 4.... Run Time Average Pace Distance Current Pace If I have a Time/Pace goal for the run I will set up a Quick Workout and display the Virtual Partner Screen.

Dave

4 on the screen I use most often: Lap Pace Lap Time Lap HR Current HR I switch out to the main screen with total time, total distance, and current HR

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

4 on the screen I use most often: Lap Pace Lap Time Lap HR Current HR I switch out to the main screen with total time, total distance, and current HR
              Ahhh...so you are using 2 screens. Is that pretty easy to swap back and forth with on the fly? I haven't tried that, yet. k

~ Sarah Kay

spacityrunner

I have: time of day HR Distance Run Time I dont' look at anything else....until it is all uploaded to sportstrack

Trails Rock!

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ahhh...so you are using 2 screens. Is that pretty easy to swap back and forth with on the fly? I haven't tried that, yet.
                  Yeah, just hit the up/down buttons on the right side. There's even a setting to have it toggle automatically between the screens on a fixed time interval. I ended up ditching that b/c I always found myself staring at the screen waiting for the one that I wanted to come up. FWIW, here's mine Screen 1: Total Time, Average Pace, Total Distance Screen 2: Lap Time, Lap Pace, Lap Distance Screen 3:(Running): Heart Rate, Last lap time, last lap pace The reason for the last lap stuff is that when running intervals, I can use those to look at my previous interval speed/time during the recovery lap. Big grin I sometimes put time of day on that last screen. And I experimented with showing cadence (rpms) data from my footpod, but I was worried Scout would get mad at me. Tongue Generally, 4 things on the screen is too much for me to process while running. (insert snarky anti-Michigan comment from JakeKnight here). Clowning around MTA: I think Current Pace (I think they just call it Pace) jumps around too much due to variability with the satellites. If you have auto-lap set to 1-mile, Lap Pace is the best, most stable read on how you're running at the moment.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

invisible

1st screen: (elapsed) time and distance 2nd screen: pace, time of day and heading. 3rd screen: last lap pace, last lap distance and best pace.
                    90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                      Time Distance Avg. Lap Pace (autolap set to 1 mile) Heart Rate Zone

-------------------------------------
                      5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
                      10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
                      1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
                      Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

I usually use 4 data fields. Current Pace Distance run time current HR Sometimes I'll swith out current HR for average pace. I don't even know what's on the other 2 screens. I rarely look at them so it's probably whatever was the default from the factory. i don't remember ever setting them.
                          I have only used 1 screen so far... - Distance - Heart Rate - Current Pace - Run Time
                            I'm still learning how to use my Garmin, but I have 4 right now: - current heart rate - total time - calories burned - total distance

4 fields makes it do difficult to see the number that I want when I'm moving fast. Right now, I am only using 2 screens and they are set as follows: Screen 1 Large: Current Pace Left: Total Time Right: Total Distance Screen 2 Large: Heart Rate Left: Lap Time Right: Total Time I need to swap the lap time and heart rate on screen two I think before I try racing with the garmin. Just haven't swapped things around much lately. I have to set the 3rd screen up still, and will probably set it to something like lap time over total time and use that during the race. I don't really need the other numbers and having them nice and large would be useful.

Run to Win
                              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

4 fields makes it do difficult to see the number that I want when I'm moving fast. Right now, I am only using 2 screens and they are set as follows: Screen 1 Large: Current Pace Left: Total Time Right: Total Distance Screen 2 Large: Heart Rate Left: Lap Time Right: Total Time
                                That's kind of what I will probably end up doing, too. I'd like to see my total run time as the large screen, though. Once I hit the hour mark I can't see seconds anymore with my 4 small screens. k

~ Sarah Kay