Reoccuring Knee Injury (Read 42 times)

rivers

Ive been getting into running since june of this year. I've progressed quicker than I thought I would, which made me more committed to the sport itself. Three weeks ago, on about mile 9 of a relaxed run, my knee sort've gave out on me. I didn't land on it weird, I was on flat pavement. It affected me for about a week. I quit running for a little over two weeks. Yesterday I felt fresh and gave running a shot. At about mile 4, my knee started hurting again so I stopped. Now its back to hurting when I don't run. I was just wondering if its a normal sprain most people get from overtraining? Theres no real way for me to measure the amount of rest I need. It's inside the knee sort've towards the tendons in the back. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank ya!

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hard to say without knowing what you are doing. It could be a simple overuse issue (aka too much training load). How many miles are you running per week to support than 9 miler? The other thing is it could be your shoes. How old are your running shoes?

(If you are using the log feature on RA, change your settings to public so we can see what you are doing.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

rivers

I usually do 3-4 runs through the week. they range from 3-5 miles. it happened on a sunday. Sundays usually when I do just a long run at slow pace. My running shoes are about a month and a half old. I'm sure I could have stride issues or maybe late into runs I may be less forgiving on my knees and my posture. Just wasn't sure of the severity of it. Thanks for replying.

sophiaK

It's just my case... I twisted my right knee slightly when I ran about ten years ago. I felt discomfort quite a bit but doctors couldn't find the problems and acupuncture didn't help much either. Fast forward, slight pain still comes back these days when I run or drive more than an hour, which tells me knee injury is hard to cure completely.