Under 11 minute mile pace (Read 1565 times)

Over the last 3 mornings I have been just under the 11 min mile pace. Never really thought I'd get there when I first started running. Still walking part of each run though

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

Gregg, you're doing awesome! Your consistancy and discipline is admirable. I have no doubt you'll be able to achieve whatever you set your mind to.

Roads were made for journeys...

That is great news! Good job! I'm hovering at the 12:50/mile mark currently but I'm pretty happy with that at this juncture. Great for you, though!!! YAY! Kimmer
        My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
          Looking FWD to my first 5K 2 weeks from tomorrow. Kimmer, too bad Tony smacked the wall in practice! I'd like to see him repeat back to back!! This town will go nuts if he does!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gregg, that's awesome! It won't be long now and you will be under the 10 min pace, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Under 10?? I am an old man don't forget. I'll be happy if I run a 12 minute pace in May's half marathon

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hey, "old man" - here's a secret for you! Running, especially endurance running, is a sport you get better at with time. They say you'll be able to reach your running peak in 8 - 10 years... so... take your current age, add, say, 9, and consider that to be where you can hope to peak at. See how much time you have to improve? You may think you're "old" now, but that's no reason to think you can't get faster with time. Treat your body with respect, and you should continue to improve through the years... Smile Happy trails! Janell

That 9 years means 61. I wonder if my diabetes effect that? Bet it does! I have run this week so far, 0.1 miles less then last week and not taking in that one tenth I am 10:11 faster this week than last! Now that is an improvement!! Big grin I am not going to like going back to running the afternoons when this vacation is over!!!!!!! Cry

Wingz

Professional Noob

I know what you mean - running in the heat stinks! Your times will probably *temporarily* go up when you run in the heat. Don't let that phaze you. Your conditioning is still improving as you continue training. You just may have to wait until it cools down to see the results of your hard work! And I agree with Kirsten - if you're under-11 already, there is definitely an under-10 in you just waiting to come out. Don't rush him, but he's there!

Thank God for the Fall. I sure hope the 23rd is cool, say mid 50s to low 60s. The 5K starts at 9:00 AM and that can be warm bythen but not hot. At least not in Sep

Starflight, I'm pretty bummed about Tony Sad I hope you all are in mourning. kimmer
                        My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
                          Bummed is the word. I didn't really know how popular Tony was until 7/2001 when I was in the middle of no where (OK..........13 miles west of Nome Alaska..... Throw a rock and hit Russia) and a fellow miner noticed my hometown on my hat and remarked Tony Stewart Country! No free ice cream at Dairy Queen this year!!!! The local owner of DQ has a free ice cream night when Tony wins. BTW if you sign up for the half marathon here you get to run a lap at the Speedway and kiss/touch or just step on the Yard of Bricks!!!! That alone makes the half marathon worth it!!! Checkout:http://www.500festival.com/marathon/ IF you want to run it sign up fast the slots are limited and it will fill in the 60 days or so.

well my first milestone tonight and on my 48th birthday to boot. ran my first 5 mile run and beat my goal. Was trying to break 50min mark and finished in 48:50 which i was very happy with. So i hope it is not true it takes 8-9 years to reach your running peak, hope to be there in half that time...lol...good job starflight keep up the good pace, i did not start running till 4 years ago and was a pack a day smoker and could hardly last 5 min on a treadmill, know running sub 10min miles and doing more then i thought i ever could so keep the faith my friend.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTG, Mike! That's an awesome pace for your first 5 mile run--I still don't really run any of my workouts that fast, even though I try my darndest! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

So i hope it is not true it takes 8-9 years to reach your running peak, hope to be there in half that time...lol...good job starflight keep up the good pace, i did not start running till 4 years ago and was a pack a day smoker and could hardly last 5 min on a treadmill, know running sub 10min miles and doing more then i thought i ever could so keep the faith my friend.
                                LOL! You're doing great now... but why would you want to stop improving next year? Big grin Happy birthday, by the way!