I lost a stone (15 pounds to most of you) (Read 2672 times)

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hoorah! I lost 15 pounds in my first 3 weeks back at running after an 18mth lay off. I've still got a long way to go - goal is to lose 53 pounds by Oct. Only another 38 to go!

freckles

That is brilliant - keep up the good work! And just to be a smart arse, a stone is 14 pounds! So you've actually lost over a stone!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*sigh* I'd like to be 9 stone. That sounds way cooler than 126#s. Evil grin Nice job, Purdey! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Purdey

Self anointed title

*sigh* I'd like to be 9 stone. That sounds way cooler than 126#s. Evil grin Nice job, Purdey! Big grin
          Kirsten - why not introduce the humble British "stone" to the US. You could start a revolution! x

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kirsten - why not introduce the humble British "stone" to the US. You could start a revolution! x
            I actually keep thinking that I should put my goal weight as 9 stone...that would be kinda funny.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

Goal wt 9 stone. Current wt. 9.6 stone. I like only having to lose 0.6 DONE...maybe I should convert my wt loss chart. Great job Purdey MTA: I just reread your post. 15 lbs in 3 WEEKS WOW. At this point I would be happy with 1.5 lbs in 3 weeks.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Another Passion

I think I've found your stone, Purdey! Well, at least 10 pounds of it anyway. Roll eyes

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Me and my RP

Ahhh, it would have been much easier to say "I weigh almost 17 stone" when I was overweight! But yeah, I'm with you Zoomy...9 stone sounds so much nicer than a HUNDRED and 26 lbs LOLSmile It's that HUNDRED that kills me! Dead
                  Purdey

Self anointed title

Thanks guys - your support means a lot to me. The enormity of the weight loss task in front of me is a little daunting at times - but I've made a good start - in fact much better than I imagined.... but I know that those were the easy ones to lose! Big grin

Congratulations! Maybe all the extra running around helping your wife with the baby is contributing to your weight loss too. Yes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh, it would have been much easier to say "I weigh almost 17 stone" when I was overweight! But yeah, I'm with you Zoomy...9 stone sounds so much nicer than a HUNDRED and 26 lbs LOLSmile It's that HUNDRED that kills me! Dead
                        Right now I'm a few pounds beyond 10 stone. I'd like to be in the single digits... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Me and my RP

Right now I'm a few pounds beyond 10 stone. I'd like to be in the single digits... Evil grin
                          yeah, weight loss is a tough game. All I wanted was to be in the 120s. I made it and now all I want is to be below 125. What's after that? Do you find that's true for you too? I can remember thinking I'd give anything just to weigh 150 Confused Just seems like it's never enough..women and our weight issuesSmile
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yeah, weight loss is a tough game. All I wanted was to be in the 120s. I made it and now all I want is to be below 125. What's after that? Do you find that's true for you too? I can remember thinking I'd give anything just to weigh 150 Confused Just seems like it's never enough..women and our weight issuesSmile
                            Yep. I once was down to 124. My goal at the time was 123. I was SO close...then before I knew it I was back up to 140s, which is where I have been stuck ever since (with a few brief visits to the 130s). I do remember just wanting to get into the 140s. Now that I've been here for a few years I want to be at least 10#s less. My knees would appreciate it and I think I could easily knock a half-minute or more off my pace by losing 15#s or so.

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

I don't weigh myself. I'm weird, I guess.

A Saucy Wench

I don't weigh myself. I'm weird, I guess.
                                Yeah I tried that for awhile. Part of how I ended up at 186 13+ stone Black eye

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7