Do you love your shoes? (Read 1027 times)

I just bought my first pair of running shoes. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6's. I love them. I really really love them. And who knew I was a 9 1/2 in running shoes??? I'm usually an 8 1/2. Smile Kimmer
    My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, a full size different? Though I have heard it's a good thing to have running shoes that are a teensy bit large, since feet swell while running. Nothing like loving your shoes. I really love my current shoes, but I think they are more of a low-mileage shoe (relatively speaking...I'm only at about 20 miles/week at the moment, but am increasing that with each week. When I first bought my shoes I didn't think I'd be doing more than 10-15/week...but then I caught the racing bug) and a bit too lightweight for my needs. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I actually think I was buying all my shoes a little too small. I guess I liked the 'locked in' feeling. I'm probably a 9 instead of an 8 1/2 Smile Kimmer
        My goal in life is to be as happy as I possibly can. - Me

Prophet!

Up until a week ago i was running in my old Asics Gel 1080...went to the running store about a few months ago and the person suggested htat i need stability shoes so he suggested Saucony Omni 5 ... had two of my worst ever ankle sprains (out for several weeks)...threw out the shoes and went back to my old Gel 1080. Did some research on my own and turns out i'm a supinator and i shouldn't use stability shoes. Now I just got myself an Asics Gel Cumulus VIII ... love it. Sometimes it pays to actually do a little research yourself instead of trusting the little robots in the running store..most of them know their stuff but maybe it was late in the day and their brains malfunctions a bit and I paid the price. Long story short...love my Gel Cumulus VIII. By the way...anybody know of good Nike shoes for supinators ?
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Steve, give this a try: http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/product/shoe-dog.jsp Though I will admit that their shoe matching function never worked well for me, since they don't have a way to search for wide shoes. I went right to New Balance's website and looked at other reviews to find shoes. I think Runnersworld.com also has a decent shoe search engine. Funny...when I first posted this thread I had little intent of doing longer races and didn't think I'd need a new pair of shoes until a year or so after starting running...and here I am waiting on my second pair of shoes less than 6 months after starting to run, since my current ones are lighter-weight and rated more for lower-mileage runners (I seem to recall finding them recommended for people running 10-15 miles/week back when I first ordered them)! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay