Don't Hate Me If You Just Got a Garmin... (Read 1456 times)

GP160

Do you have the link to the rebate form? I did a quick Google search, but the only forms I found seem to have expired back in May or June. There's still a few days to buy before the Nov 30 deadline. I have a 305, but my sister might be interested in getting one for herself. Thanks Derek
    Here is the website it is on: http://www.gosale.com/4661470/garmin-forerunner-305-wrist Here is the link I used for the rebate: http://www.gosale.com/rebate_forms/garmin_rebate-30-nov-07.pdf
    Ironman Louisville 8-30-09

Dog-Love

Dammit...I bought one! I swear I am NOT a gear head and I have resisted buying one of these frickin things even tho my friend bought one for....$300....and I really don't care what mileage I'm running as long as I feel like I had a good work out ....even tho I will drive the route if on a road to see what distance it was. Shit...I have zero willpower...but I do have me a Garmin Forerunner 305. What if I find out my 3.1 mile route is really only 2.98 miles??? I "heart" you Lynn MTA: with the rebate...$155.19...hardly hurts..It's a Xmas present from my sweetie!
      Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

MTA: with the rebate...$155.19...hardly hurts..It's a Xmas present from my sweetie!
        Yep. Last year my present was my iPod Nano...I think that was about $150. This year's gift is pretty on par with that. Hmmm....I wonder what 2008 will have me lusting over (probably a new 'puter, so maybe we'll be looking at a family gift).... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

Hmmm....I wonder what 2008 will have me lusting over (probably a new 'puter, so maybe we'll be looking at a family gift).... Tongue k
          Hopefully did, but short of him...Hmmmm. I'm thinking they are offloading these forerunners since they came up with something really tricky and tiny and cool. Hope you are feeling better zz.
          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          Eryn

Dammit...I bought one! I swear I am NOT a gear head and I have resisted buying one of these frickin things even tho my friend bought one for....$300....and I really don't care what mileage I'm running as long as I feel like I had a good work out ....even tho I will drive the route if on a road to see what distance it was. Shit...I have zero willpower...but I do have me a Garmin Forerunner 305.
            Sigh. Me too, Crabby! I'm going to bite the bullet and finally get one today. Big grin / Evil grin I've been resisting that new non-necessary toy for so long.

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Best price I've heard was just over 50 bucks for a 305 (before the rebate!) but by the time I got to Target out in the boonies they were sold out. Sad It was a B&M deal.

Vim

Dog-Love

If I find myself staring at my arm constantly I am going to give it away. I am thinking I really want to note elevation, distance and time and hopefully I can wait until the end of my run to see those things. I am also interested to see how well it works offroad on some of these Juneau trails. We shall see.

Dog-Love

Best price I've heard was just over 50 bucks for a 305 (before the rebate!) but by the time I got to Target out in the boonies they were sold out. Sad It was a B&M deal.
                  $50 before the rebate???? They should just give them away then!
                    So this turns out to be around $160 after the rebate, but only if you buy by November 30? Hmm..... I'm really tempted. Should I ask my husband for this for Christmas? Those of you who already have one -- convince me! It looks so huge, I'm afraid it would feel awkward on my wrist. And will the satellite thingie work even though I live in the boonies where we can't even get a cell phone signal and high-speed internet?? I just think it would be so lovely to be able to know my mileage even when I'm not running a previously mapped out route. Some routes I can't drive to measure because they're trails in the woods, after all, and God knows I don't want to tote my measuring wheel everywhere I go and walk that thing around...
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hope you are feeling better zz.
                      I am...finally. I'm gonna attempt an easy run today. With my Garmie. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So this turns out to be around $160 after the rebate, but only if you buy by November 30? Hmm..... I'm really tempted. Should I ask my husband for this for Christmas? Those of you who already have one -- convince me! It looks so huge, I'm afraid it would feel awkward on my wrist. And will the satellite thingie work even though I live in the boonies where we can't even get a cell phone signal and high-speed internet?? I just think it would be so lovely to be able to know my mileage even when I'm not running a previously mapped out route. Some routes I can't drive to measure because they're trails in the woods, after all, and God knows I don't want to tote my measuring wheel everywhere I go and walk that thing around...
                        It's not as cumbersome as it looks--really! And the satellite thing should work anywhere...that trail running thing is probably the best reason to use one. k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

You are thinking about it aren't you.....I figured if we could use it for my husband's bike habit its a great deal. Plus, I have an Garmin Etrex that saved my butt a couple of times when I was on the water (in a boat) and the fog came down and I could maneuver all through some treacherous areas. Not saying your forerunner will help in the fog..
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You are thinking about it aren't you.....I figured if we could use it for my husband's bike habit its a great deal.
                            I think did is pretty intrigued by the biking thing, as well. He wasn't, initially...but he likes the elevation profiles and graph that compares elevation to pace. On a bike that should be very noticeable. k

~ Sarah Kay

It's not as cumbersome as it looks--really! And the satellite thing should work anywhere...that trail running thing is probably the best reason to use one. k
                              Ok, I'm sold. I'm pretty easy. Now I just have to get my husband to actually purchase it by Friday. He's all busy, what with teaching and all this thai kickboxing he's been into lately. He's more into that than running now, which would be fine if he didn't come home all bruised from his muay thai classes. Anyway, I may just buy the thing for myself, with some of the money I got for coaching cross country. That makes sense!
                                Ahhh!! I just bought one too!! I have absolutely no will power. I cannot control myself. I heart online shopping. Sara