Can you help me raise funds to register for the NJ Marathon in the name of the Boston Marathon bombing victims? (Read 224 times)

Go fund yourself.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

ultramarathon/triathlete

There is a difference between being a scammer and being insensitive (and doing something silly).

I don't see this as a scam. If it is, it is the dumbest scam ever.

Having said that.... uh, no. Nice try.

Given that there are now a few of these in RA, almost identical.... it's a scam.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
      Gatorade Endurance Team

xor

I see two, posted by the same user in two different subforums, in much the same way that a newbie with a question sometimes posts the same thing in multiple places.  And it seems that someone intending to scam (aka 'mislead') isn't going to say what was said.

This is a silly thing semantically to try to be right/wrong about, so I will shut up.  I just don't see a need to make something more evil than it really needs to be and spreading it like that.  It...the request itself, not you... just seems kind of dumbass.

I see it is stupidity, not a scam.

If you click her link it tells you her name, if you google it she is a legitimate person with a linked in profile that tells her life story - I don't doubt she has college bills.

It's a simple act of complete and utter selfishness.

Go fund yourself.

but yeah, she should go fund herself and fund off

There is a difference between being a scammer and being insensitive (and doing something silly).

I don't see this as a scam. If it is, it is the dumbest scam ever.

Having said that.... uh, no. Nice try.

I'm with you on this. I don't think this was scamming as much as pure and utter cluelessness.

And carpetbagging. The account was created just before the posts.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I see two, posted by the same user in two different subforums, in much the same way that a newbie with a question sometimes posts the same thing in multiple places.  And it seems that someone intending to scam (aka 'mislead') isn't going to say what was said.

Ah, I see your point.  Probably not a scam after all but it's incredibly poor taste and shameful.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                  Gatorade Endurance Team

dallison

registered pw

How is she going to run when she's crippled? Are her legs ok and it's just from the waist up? Is it a mis-formed ear at birth?

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half