Which tendon do you personally hate the most. (Read 146 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Tendonitis/tendinitis is like meter/metre or gray/grey or capital/capitol IMHO.

Yeah, but what's a tendin?

mikeymike

I love all of my tendons and I'm sorry for what I did to many of them, but most especially my high hamstring tendon.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I forgot to add other.  My bad.

I will manually track one vote for supraspinatus tendon.

Add a manual vote for hips. I did something to my left side and I have no clue what. Yoga and core work would probably head this stuff off...but meh.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Add a manual vote for hips. I did something to my left side and I have no clue what. Yoga and core work would probably head this stuff off...but meh.

But can you identify a tendon....  I have all sorts of things (ligaments especially) that are trouble spots.  But I didn't list them here since they weren't tendons...

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

delicate flower

The peroneal in both legs have given me more damn nagging problems over the last 18 months than I care to deal with.  The latest flare up is in my right leg and been bothersome for about six weeks now thanks to Virtual Boston, although I think/hope it's finally settled the hell down.  It's one of those injuries that isn't bad enough to make me stop, but it certainly eats into my speed and volume.  

<3

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

But can you identify a tendon....  I have all sorts of things (ligaments especially) that are trouble spots.  But I didn't list them here since they weren't tendons...

*shrug*

~ Sarah Kay

*shrug*

Oh! I’ve had that!

Dave

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh! I’ve had that!

It's literally irritating. I kinda suspect pelvic radiation is the culprit, since I'm definitely not doing enough for it to be overuse and it's on the side that got hit the most. Or is it age? I don't know. I do know that I don't like it, though. It's just uncomfortable enough to wake me up if I sleep in certain positions for long.

~ Sarah Kay

Christirei

oh my gosh High Hammy.... i have years of loathing

Christirei

also, i can rock out single leg glute bridges and RDL's with the best of them now

LRB

Good topic.

There are approximately 4,000 tendons in the body, and I have done them all dirty at one point or another since taking up this ridiculous hobby. But the posterior tibial on my left side has been a chronic issue for me since run day 1, and really is the root cause for many of the issues I have on that side, so that one.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Surely it should be which tendon personally hates YOU the most?

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

achilles. No contest.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

runethechamp

Upper hammy! Had proximal hamstring tedinosis/tendinopathy and it took me 13 months to recover. Still get sore (probably light inflammation) but have no pain under load.

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

Yeah, but what's a tendin?

close cousin of the tenon, me thinks

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn