Poor baby? Poor Elf! (Read 1122 times)

And I think the elf may be sitting on a tub of frosting...

I'm not eating anything in there after some elf has rubbed his little elfin ass all over it. Joking

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Slice

My hellion has been so bad the past 2 days, I'm thinking of giving the elf a sign that says "I told Santa. He knows."

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Maniac

My wife suggested (to me) that when our 3 year old acts up, we should hide the elf.  When he asks where the elf is, we should then tell him, "He left to tell Santa what you've been up to."  The next day, the elf returns.

Cruel?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My wife suggested (to me) that when our 3 year old acts up, we should hide the elf.  When he asks where the elf is, we should then tell him, "He left to tell Santa what you've been up to."  The next day, the elf returns.

Cruel?

Brilliant.  Evil

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

2017 Goals
            1) Run more than 231 miles
            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

I hate the elf. I keep forgetting to move him around and then have to come up with an elf excuss to why he's still int the same place as yesterday. Though he does come in handy for controlling the behavior of wee ones.

Slice

My infant cried all day and I told my toddler that I was worried that Peter the Elf would tell Santa. I wonder how much it would screw my kids up for life if I got the infant nothing for Christmas and told the toddler that's what happens when kids are bad... Evil  (I wouldn't actually do that though)

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

vegefrog

I hate the elf. I keep forgetting to move him around and then have to come up with an elf excuss to why he's still int the same place as yesterday. Though he does come in handy for controlling the behavior of wee ones.

haaa. I don't have kids, but I feel this would  definitely be our problem with the "elf".  Made me smile Smile

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

He sees you when you're hitting you're sister..

Is the Elf on the Shelf a miracle for parents or preparation for living in a surveillance state?

I'll say the same thing that I said in the comment section of the article:

{What a ] pain in the butt it is to remember to move that damn elf every night. There have been times when I've woken up in the morning with a start, realizing that I've forgotten and raced down the stairs ahead of my kids to make sure "Jolly" was in a new location. 

I'm still pissed at my mom for this "gift" she gave to my kids last year and have to assume that it's some sort of revenge.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DS and I were in Target last night and they had these on an end-cap of the check-out lanes.

Dane asks "what are those, anyhow?"  I said "Elf on a Shelf...they're supposed to be moved every night to a new location."

His response "they're creepy."

My kid has good instincts.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay