1 Mile... (Read 1296 times)

Just Be

Just ran a mile in 4:38 at the track!! It's not a lifetime PR, but a "since I started running again" PR! I'm very happy with my progress so far this year and really hope I can break 4:30 by the end of December, which would allow me to achieve my one and only new years resolution for 2008!
    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

That is awesome!

TRUST THE PROCESS

JakeKnight

I'll pray for low humidity.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

VERY nice! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wow. Great job speedy. Smile
            Mishka-old log

It's only cool if you looked like your avatar when you finished. If not, try again. We want strain, pain and bloody stools.

Just Be

I'll pray for low humidity.
                You do that. I'll do the same. Something's bound to happen.

Just Be

It's only cool if you looked like your avatar when you finished. If not, try again. We want strain, pain and bloody stools.
                  I think the only guy who can look like that is that guy. haha. I got that picture from a thread someone started here with a link to old school running pictures from the 1930s, IIRC. He looks just like a friend of mine so I joke with the guy that the guy in my avatar is his grandfather. Tongue

Just Be

Hey, I was looking through my running log and scanning workouts from when I first started running again and all I can say is that I'm GLAD I started keeping a running log! Comparing how far I've progressed in slightly less than 1 year is pretty friggin amazing. Check out this example: On Friday, October 5th, 2007, I ran 3.803 miles at an average heart rate of 156 BPM which translated into an average pace of 10:33 per mile. I had been running again for a little over 1 month at that time (coming off a little over a total of 4 year break from anything at all athletic). On Monday, August 4th, 2008, I ran an 18 miler at an average heart rate of 154 BPM which translated into an average pace of 7:31 per mile. I've since been running for just slightly less than 1 year without any major breaks in my training. I chose those two runs because the average heart rate is comparable, even though the latter run has way more distance. For shorter runs my pace is faster at the same heart rate, such as the 5k I ran on the 7th in 22 minutes at an average HR of 145 BPM (7:07/mile pace). Just goes to show anyone who reads this... with hard work and dedication to training, anyone can make progress... especially if just starting out! Run healthy! Smile

Just Be

Another example... On September 25th, 2007, an average HR of 167 got me an average pace of 10:26 per mile across 3.85 miles. That was a steady state run. On July 18th, 2008, an average HR of 167 got me an average pace of 6:41 per mile across 2.92 miles. This was an interval run with slower jogging recoveries. I don't stop my heart rate monitor from logging distance during my recoveries. If I did, the average pace would likely be much lower, but my average HR would be much higher as well. Either way, it's pretty cool, IMO. Smile
                        That is some very fast running runner92. Big grin A few weeks ago I ran 1/6 mile repeats[880 feet] in 50 seconds, which is the equivalent pacing of a 5 minute mile. I was able to run one in 45 seconds, which is the equivalent pacing speed of a 4:30 mile but it felt like an all out sprint. Great job on your complete mile at that speed Big grin

Just Be

Thanks! Smile I'm still working on stringing together the 4, 67 second back to back laps, though. That's my ultimate goal for the 2008 year.

You Are Beautiful.

holy crap!! good job!!Big grin

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                            Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go.