Oh, the joy of finding a favorite discontinued shoe in my size! (Read 399 times)

AnneCA

I love -- really love -- the Brooks Radius 7, but it was discontinued two years ago.  My local stores ran out, and I'd scour the internet when I needed new shoes, but they were getting very scarce.  I had tried a Saucony in there that was okay, at least after the first 50 miles or so.  But this week I realized in horror that I had 300 miles on my current pair of Radius, and my last internet search had come up with nothing but a couple of size 6Ds. 

So, bravely, I entered my local running store, hoping for the best.  I told myself there were surely lots of other good shoes out there; it was irrational of me to think there weren't.  I'd find something, and I knew this day would come.  I started in with the spiel to the sales lady about what I was looking for, when, what did I see over her shoulder but

Oh, be still my heart . . . there was an availability tag on it, and . . . . they had my size!  No, I don't need to try them on, thank you.  I told them I'd take their entire stock (discontinued shoes are priced to go, but shouldn't they mark them up?  I shudder to think what I would have been willing to pay), but, alas they only had one pair.

Don't anybody post to tell me that two-year old shoes have lost their cushion just by sitting in the box.  I am happy.  Happy.  The day of reckoning will come, but I have put it off just a little bit longer. 

My wife wears the same shoe and has been going through the same problem.  She recently found two pairs in her size at a local store and bought them both.  She tried switching to the Brooks Defyance but didn't like it.