WOW - Man charged with trying to run down jogger (Read 1232 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1.  Point left with left arm, right with right arm.  Hard to misinterpret.

Exactly.  I assume everyone else on the road is a moron.  3/4 of the time I'm probably correct.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I think that Goofy right turn signal is for the scooters and stuff with a hand clutch/gearshift, not sure if that is the case here, but was back in India (where a variation of this is the left turn signal - make circles with the extended right arm)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

+1.  Point left with left arm, right with right arm.  Hard to misinterpret.

That's what I think.  And, yes, the left hand signals were devised for cars, before they all had signals.  Somewhat archaic, and understood by few drivers.

p.s.  The reason I often don't signal when riding my bike is that I tend to be braking just when a signal would be appropriate.

I always tell people the easiest way for me to remember the hand signals is to think of it like the turn signal in your car. You push UP on the handle to turn right, when using hand signals your arm is pointing UP for a right turn.

Edit: Not sure if that works in countries that drive on the left side of the road...

JimR

I think it's safest to wave both arms and hands wildly to indicate that you are about to do something.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I think it's safest to wave both arms and hands wildly to indicate that you are about to do something.

+1.  Give that person a wide berth.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Most effective when wielding a visible weapon on aforementioned arms and hands.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Most effective when wielding a visible weapon on aforementioned arms and hands.

Well, when a couple buffoons decided to try and run at me with their pickup AND assault me with a paintball gun while I was running, the chunk of broken concrete I was wielding when they were dumb enough to make a second pass did work quite well.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills