track distance (Read 850 times)

I have not run on a track in many many years and have a silly question to ask. Are the new HS tracks still 1/4 mile or have they gone metric (400 meters)? Thx
      If I am not mistaken they are 440 meters. 440 meters equals 0.273403 mi. A little over a quarter of a mile.

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice

It really depends upon where you are. There are high school tracks that are 440 yards and there are ones that are 400 meters. I've run on both.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jcasetnl

Unless it was built in the last 10 years, most likely it's the good old 440 yards. Smile
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

If I am not mistaken they are 440 meters. 440 meters equals 0.273403 mi. A little over a quarter of a mile.
            Nope. Either 400m or 440y. The yards track is slightly longer (402.336m) Most likely, the track will be metric.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Mishka-old log

400m = .2485 miles 440yd = .25 miles exactly 1 mile = 1,609.34 meters
                I stand corrected...

Take my advice: Pull down you're pants and slide on the ice