PR Sweep (Read 599 times)

Today I ran what was most likely my last race of 2009, a 10K in Newport, RI.  I finished in 39:38, my first 10K finish under 40 minutes and a PR by over a minute from the same race last year.

With this new PR, I've managed one in every distance I raced this year*.  I PRed twice in the half marathon, the fastest finish coming in at 1:30:08 (wouldn't have minded picking up 9 seconds somewhere on the course!)  One PR also toppled another in the 5K, with a dip under the 20 minute mark followed by another for a best time of 19:26.  I don't run many 4 or 10 milers, but I gained a PR in both of those as well.  2008 didn't offer much in the way of success, so a sweep in 2009 was a welcome refresh to my PR stats.

*I did participate in a marathon in which I didn't PR.  Running it was a last minute decision and it was done with no training.  It was more of a long, supported run than a race.

-------------------------------------
    5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
    10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
    1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
    Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations. In my limited experience, that's not at all common, and I hope you're suitably happy Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

That's very damn spiffy.  Even in Rhode Island.

(no, I don't really know what that second sentence means)

Dave

That's fantastic Nate!  Congratulations.

Sub-40 10K is a huge accomplishment, not to mention all the other great running you've done this year.  

Hope you stay healthy and continue improving in 2010.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

el Jeffe

Nice! I think I did the same thing in October setting 5k, 10k, and marathon PBs that month. I also set my half marathon PB back in June. It means we're on the right track I suppose.