Any one ever run the Charlie Horse Half Marathon (Scout?)? (Read 736 times)

OMG LMAO!!!! Good thing I'm still eligable to run it Wink Guess Scout is just too smart for this race Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Scout7

OMG LMAO!!!! Good thing I'm still eligable to run it Wink Guess Scout is just too smart for this race Wink
      I actually did it last year. The Half-wit is fun. Tough, though.
        FUN and TOUGH............. definetly sounds like a MUST DO! Thankfully it's the day after my B-Day. Can't imagine my babysitter dh refusing to let me do it.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

FUN and TOUGH............. definetly sounds like a MUST DO! Thankfully it's the day after my B-Day. Can't imagine my babysitter dh refusing to let me do it.
          Just let me know when it's official and I'll sign up! Scout...did you ask your wife if you're allowed to run it? Big grin

Michelle

Just let me know when it's official and I'll sign up! Scout...did you ask your wife if you're allowed to run it? Big grin
            IT"S OFFICIAL!!

IT"S OFFICIAL!!
              Awesome. I'll sign up in the a.m.!

Michelle

I'm signed up. It's official. Big grin

Michelle

HEY SCOUT! Did you remember to ask if you're allowed to go? Looking at the map you would drive right by my place to get to the race, so you could easily pick me up on the way. Big grin

Michelle

You'll ruin your knees!

My favorite part is the fact that possibly romanced and gut wrenching race, are almost in the same sentence Wink
                    The gut-wrenching part is that this guy does all the romancing ... Sounds like a lot of fun. A couple of things you should know...you will have fun, but don't expect to match the pace you keep on the roads. Don't be afraid to walk up some of the hills...on trails, it is often the case that a good pace walking is faster than trying to run on some of the steeper hills... When you get to the water, just plow right through, don't bother tippy-toeing around! Say a big THANK you to all the volunteers! You may need to work some logistics since it's a point to point race...that means the finish is not where you started and unless the race provides a shuttle, you will have to work something out to get back to your car! Have fun and a great birthday! Oh, take a camera and shoot some pics on the trail! You will LOVE them! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

The gut-wrenching part is that this guy does all the romancing ... Sounds like a lot of fun. A couple of things you should know...you will have fun, but don't expect to match the pace you keep on the roads. Don't be afraid to walk up some of the hills...on trails, it is often the case that a good pace walking is faster than trying to run on some of the steeper hills... When you get to the water, just plow right through, don't bother tippy-toeing around! Say a big THANK you to all the volunteers! You may need to work some logistics since it's a point to point race...that means the finish is not where you started and unless the race provides a shuttle, you will have to work something out to get back to your car! Have fun and a great birthday! Oh, take a camera and shoot some pics on the trail! You will LOVE them! Lynn B
                      Thanks for the advice Lynn - I took some time last night and was reading up on trail runs. I've never done one and PROBABLY should have considered jumping into a shorter distance race, but, I didn't. No PR attempted for this race, I'm looking forward to having fun. Bringing the camera along is a great idea. I'll have to see how my old digital is holding up, no sense in bringing along the expensive newer one, with my luck, I'll drop it in the water, or fall on it!! I think this race provides a bus to the start so that we finish where we park our cars. I'll make an extra point to saying thank you to the volunteers.

Michelle

My favorite part is the fact that possibly romanced and gut wrenching race, are almost in the same sentence Wink
                        I had to read that twice to make sure I was really seeing what I thought. Makes me wonder what goes on during these races! Confused

Michelle

Thanks for the advice!!! I talked it through with dh (he's a little worried about the distance for my first "real" trail run. But I assured him that I plan to treat it somewhat like a cross between a scramble, hike and road race. I know there is no way in hell that I will be doing my road pace and that's ok. I'm all about wanting to have a blast and doing something different. I'll definetly be bringing a camera. My husband will be somewhere around so I'll be able to phone him to pick me and Michelle (if she needs it)up at the finish line.

Thanks for the advice!!! I talked it through with dh (he's a little worried about the distance for my first "real" trail run. But I assured him that I plan to treat it somewhat like a cross between a scramble, hike and road race. I know there is no way in hell that I will be doing my road pace and that's ok. I'm all about wanting to have a blast and doing something different. I'll definetly be bringing a camera. My husband will be somewhere around so I'll be able to phone him to pick me and Michelle (if she needs it)up at the finish line.
                            I'm TOTALLY fine with doing this race as a casual run. Maybe then we can sign up for another down the road and treat that more like a race. It will be fun. I wonder if we'll finish last? Probably not considering how competitive I think we both are. We'll have to pick someone out all the runners and make that person our "we can't let him/her pass us" person.

Michelle

So are you getting a tshirt or tank?

So are you getting a tshirt or tank?
                                I'm getting the t-shirt. The last tank top I got from a race was clearly a man's shirt, it looked silly on me.

Michelle