Cheap running watch advice? (Read 88 times)

NewRuns

I’m interested in an inexpensive watch which has a stop start timer and MP3 player to link to wireless headphones. 
    I’m new to running, and training for a charity 5k, I planned to drive my practice course to check the mileage I end up training so I don’t believe I need any other capabilities for this initial watch purchase but if you have additional suggestions please comment.

an amazing likeness

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zebano

As an fyi: MP3 player is basically the most expensive piece of tech in running watches so you may be better off just getting a spibelt/other fanny pack type belt to carry your phone and just use that (lots of apps will do start/stop/distance i.e. strava).

1600 - 5:23 (2018), 5k - 19:33 (2018), 10k - 41:20 (2021), half - 1:38:57 (2018), Marathon - 3:37:17 (2018)

johnmark004

Financial Adviser

hhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Luciplay

Check out the Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music.

I've heard good things about this myself. Might get one  really soon.

CalBears

I just bought refurbished Vivoactive 4 for $189. Mainly I bought it because it has Amazon Music app (it has Spotify also) - so, now I do not need to look for music anywhere but from Amazon Music subscription (which I have for years by now) - I am able to create my custom playlists or use existing ones - that was my long time "dream" Smile I am very happy with how music works with GPS together - and GPS is as precise as it is on my other watch Garmin FR 935. Plus, Vivoactive 4 has Garmin Pay - now I do not need to have a credit card if I suddenly need one - I am a happy camper.

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

AleksShamles

Nowadays, people have a huge number of options when it comes to music consumption. With the advent of new digital services, people can listen to music from anywhere in the world. I think you should take a look at mp3juice.link so that you can get free music.