I joined the club... (Read 448 times)

Giants Fan

Well, ran my half marathon this morning. I have a wicked cold so it was a last minute decision to go ahead and run. Figured it wouldn't be a personal record or anything, just do it for fun. The course was so dang hilly and about mile 7 I threw up. Funny thing was, I was so proud of that fact!! There were quite a few people walking, dropping out with leg cramps and throwing up. Strange, strange day. I am wondering if a lot of them drank the Powerade (which I stayed away from because I've never trained with it). So, I finished 3rd in my division, 6th woman in for the race and 42/176. So, pretty happy overall considering I didn't even know if I was going to run it. Had to share. By the way, watched one girl make the biggest mistake ever on a downhill portion of the course and I can't believe how helpful this site was in my run. Things I've learned from lurking...thanks to everyone!!! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

he course was so dang hilly and about mile 7 I threw up. Funny thing was, I was so proud of that fact!!
      You let out a big, "Hell Yeah"? Big grin Great job on your first. modal (who has been using the excuse "I am sick" for the last several days)

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

By the way, watched one girl make the biggest mistake ever on a downhill portion of the course
        Uhhh...what did she do? Shocked Nice work, girl...6th woman and 3rd in your AG--awesome! And even with puking! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Giants Fan

She took off as fast as possible down the hill, then bonked about 1/2 mile past. She was flying, passing everyone...but I just told myself to be patient, I could pass her on the flat portion....Another girl started in the front, by the time I passed her I thought she was going to pass out...why do people get so caught up with the front and not watch their own pace???? saw a sign today...Running is a serious sport, all the other ones just play games!! CC

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz