Ipods and racing (Read 671 times)

Gotta TRI

So, i like to train with my ipod as I'm sure many of us here do. It's actually relatively new to me, but absolutly love it. I ran the Big Lake Half the other day and brought it along hoping to be able to run with it. could not find any thing in writing regarding the use of such devices in the rules, but near the start ( and well before the start) the announcer did say, multiple times, that being a USAT sanctioned race and being an open course that these devices were not allowed. Ok, I'm fine with that and complied. But everywhere I looked people were using them!! I'm sorry gang, maybe it's me, but what's the deal!! If the rules are there, follow them right? I would have loved to run with my pod but didn't want to break the rules. Quite honestly, I was so enjoying my run that I barely noticed the difference ( until passing someone with them on ) I don't know, what are your thoughts gang?
    2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

uncontrollable

If you got hit by a car - liability - unless 'the rules' stated 'no ipod'. People don't like liability. If a runner states "on your left" and it isn't heard due to an ipod - that is rude & inconsiderate - but I've never really found that to be a problem. People don't want hassels so they make rules. Just like in other areas of life - some people will follow them - some won't - it's just a fact. I've never met anyone yet who hasn't driven over the speed limit at one time or another.

peace

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Go Pre!

Is this topic REALLY still being discussed? While we're at it let's talk about caffeine and LSD.
            Threadjack Alert! Daddyo..... how was Mississauga today? I kept my eyes open for you but no dice. I managed a PR by 3:12. I'm pretty psyched about that.

Go Pre!

Jase, nice threadjack - will do up a report shortly. PR'd by 4 mins - 1:38:16 - felt great! I saw your results, then I went to the Chilly haf results to see that you'd PR'd. Way to go! Tuf_aint_enough rocked it too, meeting his goal of 3:50 (literally, 3:49:59)
                Great work Daddyo! You have a Marathon coming up soon???? Way to get in under the wire for the goal time tuf_aint_enough! Any other GTA RunningAHEAD types at Mississauga today?
                JakeKnight

Is this topic REALLY still being discussed? While we're at it let's talk about caffeine and LSD.
                  For the record, I was very proud of myself for not just posting this:

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

Go Pre!

I'm freaking pround of you posting it now! I love it!!!!
                      Dave... JK... what is even better is that graphic is obviously Michael Bolton from Office Space kicking the shit out of the printer (see 1:23 into the clip) that that kept having the "PC Load Letter" error. Even better!

Go Pre!

can't stop staring at tthe man beating the dead horse Shocked

Gotta TRI

ok ok point taken. My humble apologies. ( Remember, I'm new at this. ) MTA: Do like the visual aid though.
                          2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Had to try and sneak that in.... Sorry Zoom, no I'm not. Evil grin