Mcmillan calculator (Read 1680 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I send runners to his site or to Team Oregon. Are you planning to add this type of  calculators? 

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I send runners to his site or to Team Oregon. Are you planning to add this type of  calculators? 

http://www.runningahead.com/tools/calculators/race

??

xor

The MM calculator spits out a whole lot more "information" than that race calculator.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The MM calculator spits out a whole lot more useless "information" than that race calculator.

Yep.

"McMillan is not for training. Running is for training. McMillan is for message boards. If you are training then just run. A lot. Sometimes fast. McMillan tends to underestimate pace anyway."

- MikeyMike, 12/19/2007 at 9:57 PM

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The MM calculator spits out a whole lot more "information" than that race calculator.

MM has calculators?

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

xor

MM has calculators?

Smile

No, that was my shorthand for McMillan.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Yes, it is the other information.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What of any of that stuff is useful?

Purdey

Self anointed title

How would I know what pace to run my 20 - 30 mile training runs at, unless I were able to plug in a 5k pr from 3 years ago and get a whole load of predictions?

mikeymike

Since Greg McMillan is a well-known coach, I would expect his website to include a lot of coaching content that is different from what you find on RunningAhead.

That, and just because some guy on the internet has two m's in his hame, doesn't mean you should listen to jack shit he has to say.

Runners run

HermosaBoy

That, and just because some guy on the internet has two m's in his hame, doesn't mean you should listen to jack shit he has to say.

Well, there is that.  Wink

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Since Greg McMillan is a well-known coach, I would expect his website to include a lot of coaching content that is different from what you find on RunningAhead.

OP asked for the calculators, not the coaching content.

mikeymike

Yes, it is the other information.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So I'm confused.  Is the OP asking RA to have calculators or comprehensive expert coaching information?

mikeymike

Comprehensive and expert?  I can't say.

But he appears to be asking for the calculators as well as the recommended training paces, etc that the calculators on coaching sites such as McMillan and Team Oregon spit out.

I was just pointing out that since those are coaching sites that are run by coaches who happen to know a web developer and this is a running log site that is run by a web developer who happens to be a runner, I would expect them to have different content.

Runners run