First 20 miler! (Read 905 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congratulations! I like to do only every other week for my long runs too. Except I should have gone long this weekend but had two races this weekend, and two races against next weekend, so it may be 3-4 weeks until my next long run -- so I should be extra special rested up Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I should be extra special rested up Smile
      That's the best kind--and I'll bet your next long run feels fabulous! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats Zoomy, I know you were nervous about it. I'm glad it went well. You'll jam through the rest of your training now and ROCK that marathon in Oct.!
        Purdey

Self anointed title

Nice work Kirsten. I sense you're going to enjoy that taper. Don't forget to carbo load.. mmmmm.

Old, Slow, Happy

Nice Job, Zoomy!!!! You're following your training plan. I predict you'll do very well in your marathon.
              Phew...only one more LONG run before the big one! Big grin And it wasn't so bad...my 18 2 weeks ago was a lot more difficult. Doing that long run only every-other week really helps the legs recover better. Nice way to start the week and month, too! Wink
              WTG Kirsten! Glad to hear it went well for you. I'm keeping an eye on your progress - I have my first marathon in November, so I'm very interested in how your experience goes. Your pain helps me formulate my plan. Big grin Big grin You're gonna do GREAT next month!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm keeping an eye on your progress - I have my first marathon in November, so I'm very interested in how your experience goes. Your pain helps me formulate my plan. Big grin Big grin
                Ha, always happy to be a guinea pig! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

monikam

Good job Zoom-zoom!! WTG!!
                  Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sep 28

Another Passion

Congratulations, Zoomy! That's a HUGE milestone and an awesome confidence builder and it's great to hear that it went well for you! Hang in there in the remainder of your training. You're doing awesome! Wink

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

That's awesome! Congrats! If I am reviewing your log properly, it appears that you will be rewarding yourself with an "Asthmatic Tempo" run this week -- F-U-N! Clowning around

2012= under-goaled

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That's awesome! Congrats! If I am reviewing your log properly, it appears that you will be rewarding yourself with an "Asthmatic Tempo" run this week -- F-U-N! Clowning around
                        Ha! Only thing for "fun" than an asthmatic tempo is a "wardrobe malfunction" run. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Thanks...it sure does. 20 doesn't scare me anymore. Now...26.2--that's an entirely different story. Wink
                          Oh c'mon, it's only another 6 miles! Tongue It's like that old joke about the guy parachuting who never pulled his cord because he thought that once he got 5 feet off the ground, he could just jump from there.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

I'm a little late to the party here, but congratulations Zoom-Zoom!!!

Amy

Insert witty title here

Congrats and good luck in your marathon!

ThomasRuns Blog
                              Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Oh c'mon, it's only another 6 miles! Tongue It's like that old joke about the guy parachuting who never pulled his cord because he thought that once he got 5 feet off the ground, he could just jump from there.
                                Nice...I hadn't heard that old joke but I can think of a plethora of circumstances in which I'm going to be able to use that...

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)