Merry Christmas... so what'd you get? (Read 1001 times)

Got lots of running crap. Family just doesn't understand that all I need is a top and a bottom (clothes) socks and a pair of shoes. That's IT. I don't need anything else. "We got it at a running store so it must be great right?" is the attitude I get from them Smile I guess I should appreciate the effort and be glad that this shows they have accepted my running. Got two compression shirts with reflective tape. Actually according to the sizing I should have been able to get by with a size smaller... however the shirts are very unconfortable, I feel like I am wearing a corset. I tought I liked compression cloths. I was mistaken though, I like form fitting cloths NOT compression (there is a diffrence). How again is clothing supposed to give you more athletic power? Got a magnetic light that is supposed to attach to my clothes somewhere. (jury still out on this one) Got reflective bands to go around my wrists or ankles. Does my family want me to look like a Christmas tree when I run down the road? Also got a fanny pack. Didn't have one before becuase I don't take anything when I run. I might slip a couple dollars in my pockete for a drink and I might carry a couple gu's but that is it! Got a pair of gloves... I already had tried the same type and found they didn't work for me. and finnally some pepper spray, this one I actually asked for... however I only have a confrontation with a dog every couple weeks or so, is it really worth carry around all the time for those few occasions? *mta* o yea and some weird folding ear muff things So what'd you get?

#artbydmcbride

shhhhhh! I got an ipod shuffle. You can clip it to your shirt and it is really small and light.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Gloves, hat, jacket, socks! All gear I need and all gear I love! MTA: Oh yeah, and Spirit of the Marathon! Not really gear, but I really wanted to see it and always had class during the local screenings!
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

My three kids pooled their allowance money and bought me this cool massage system - you put it in a chair and it massages your back and your butt! Really sweet of them. They were so happy and proud.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

lucky you!
              Gave nothing and received nothing. Which is really much more true to the core of observing Christ's mass than all the gift buying, stressing, giving and receiving. Ironic, eh, that I don't observe said mass. Wink

Dave

Gave nothing and received nothing. Which is really much more true to the core of observing Christ's mass than all the gift buying, stressing, giving and receiving. Ironic, eh, that I don't observe said mass. Wink
                Relentless. God bless us, everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Skooter 3.0

I got a kick ass new pair of Asics which I really needed, a ton of running sport socks (which I also needed) and a Garmin 305, which I didn't really need, but will enjoy playing with. I don't observe said mass either...but I'll take the gifts Wink...additionally, my rules include never buying anyone anything they ask for...it's really awesome when you get someone something they love, and they were truly surprised. Giving stuff is my favorite part!

Goals?

I received a "Stick", a stick of BodyGlide, some cool Livestrong gloves, LS tech shirt, Balega socks and a RoadID dog tag necklace!

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

New running shorts and socks. The shoes will be bought by me tomorrow or Saturday.
                        I got a subscription to Runner's World.
                        TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

I got to spend x-mas eve and then all x-mas day with family. I drank lots of good beer and ate way to much food. Smile Chris_So_Cal Sorry to say, I didn't get any 'crap' from my family. I did get a little cash, a gift card and a couple thoughtful presents by people who made an attempt to get me something they thought I would like, and they did a good job. The only running stuff I got was a pair of sneakers. I bought them on ebay and had my wife regift them to me by the kids. They are the same ones I wear now and are on clearance. Next year have your family read this thread and then you won't have to worry about all the useless running crap they went out & believed you'd enjoy. I think you'll get more of what you need, some cheese.
                          Trigirl

My husband and I keep our gift giving very low key and usually pretty functional useful stuff....no knick knacks (sp?). We do write lists because it's better to get stuff you want and need opposed to useless items! Some of the good sport stuff stuff I got: a box of protein PowerBars, 2 running mags, Greens + energy/vitamin crystals and a $150 gift certificate to my favorite running store.......he's a great shopper and I loved it all!!!!!!

2010 results: Muskoka long course: 2km-55km-15km- 1st in age group (qualified for Ironman Canada), 4th female amateur overall; Smith Falls triathlon- first female overall; 5 km Canada Day running race- 20:42 (fourth female overall). My first pure running race! Quinte triathlon 1.5-40km-10km Second female overall; Ktown triathlon -first female overall (2km-55km-15km) Mt Forest triathlon (500-20km-5km) 1st female overall; Brockville triathlon (750-20-5km) 1st place female overall

2011 results: (Racing with Piriformis syndrome-ouch)  Sydenham Triathlon- 1st female overall; Peterborough Triathlon-4th female (out of 185)and 1st in age group.....

peace.
                              And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus