Yay! (Read 453 times)

I ran my first 800m today in almost a year.  I trained through summer, fall, and winter (and I literally mean, winter...brr). I was very glad to see the effects of it.  I took 10 sec off of last years PB!!  I was soooo happy! I also set a 400m PR, but it wasn't as much as I had hoped, only 1/2 a sec, but like my coach said, that 1/2sec would have mattered to me a lot more on the other end of my time.

Sadly, I didn't do my planned 1500m, as I have a 10k in the morning and my legs were really tired.  My achilles was stiff, and it seems to be a problem for me, so I decided to hold off.  Oh well, can't get everything.

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

A Saucy Wench

Nice job!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7