Best way to Hopkinton when you need to drive (Read 944 times)

qvision100

Hi: I'm looking for runners that have run the Boston Marathon before. I'm driving up from the Plymouth area, south of Hopkinton, and I need to know if there usually is a traffic jam getting off the highway. Should I arrive really early, should I take the back roads, is there a bus I can get that will take me to the start line? Any information would be helpful. Thanks Qvision100
      I don't believe you'll be able to drive anywhere close to the start. There are normally shuttles to the start from South Street Industrial Park (exit 21 on Interstate 495), and Hopkinton State Park.
      VictorN

From the BAA web FAQs: I want to drive to Hopkinton on race day morning. Where can I park? Parking in Hopkinton is extremely limited, no on-street parking will be allowed in Hopkinton, and roads into Hopkinton close at 7:30 a.m. Limited parking is available at the Industrial Park on South Street and at the Hopkinton State Park on Route 85. Once these lots are full, drop-off only will be allowed at the entrance of the Hopkinton State Park. No drop-off will be allowed near the entrance of the Industrial Park at the base of the Exit 21A off of Route 495. Expect delays! Follow police directions and do not park illegally! Is there transportation from Boston to Hopkinton after the race? Limited transportation will be available from Boston to Hopkinton. You must show your bib number to board the buses, no transportation is available for family or friends. What is the best way to get to the start in Hopkinton? The ONLY guaranteed way to get to the start on race morning is by the official B.A.A. buses between 6:00 and 7:30 a.m. Bus loading will take place at the Tremont Street side of the Boston Common in Boston’s Back Bay area. ===End of FAQs=== I've dropped off runners at the Hopkinton State Park before. Don't expect to part there unless you are very early. I don't know about the Industrial Park. Would you consider parking in Boston and taking the official buses? That way you don't have to worry about getting back to Hopkinton after the race. Victor

Imminent Catastrophe

This sounds like a joke-- Q: What's the best way to get to Hopkinton? A: Train, train, train Big grin

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Bruno

Dude, You're a Genius!!!! That needs to be on a shirt. The question on the front. Train, Train Train. on the back!