Sports Doctor Update... (Read 714 times)

Now that was a bath...

And I am officially off my crutches! I had another x-ray and the Doc said that he thinks I can do a trial without the crutches. Light household duties only, no walking unless it's unavoidable. I can lift upper body weights as long as I am sat down and I can swim but not use a bicycle. Back in one month to assess progress. Prognosis for future - he can not guarantee that I will be running in January 08 but he said that he is hopeful that I may be able to do some trial runs on grass by the end of January. I just want to lay that stupid race that broke my leg to rest once and for all. January the 20th will be a year to the day of my injury happening and it would mean a lot to me to be able to run on that day. I don't want that anniversary to pass without significant progress. He said that if I continue to behave he foresees a 100% return to normal strength in my leg and sees no reason why I can't run long distances in the future. I'm happy with that. It could have been a lot worse and a lesson in patience never hurt anyone did it! Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, that's great news! Being on crutches has to be the pits! Jan. isn't so far away...one day at a time, right? Just think where you can be in 6 months--you'll be winning 5ks by then! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

Good to hear about your progress. hang in there.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great news about being off your crutches, Claire! Best of luck with the rest of your recovery and return to running early next year. I know it's been a long road for you. Keep up the good work on your healing and you we be back before you know it.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Lazy idiot

Way to maintain your patience, Claire! Looking forward to eventually getting you back out on the road with the rest of the 100-mile club.

Tick tock

Great news Claire! Keep up with your patience. I hope that you can run on the 20th and be done with this injury once and for all. Smile

Michelle

AWesome news!!! No crutches and no cast!!!!! Great progress, Claire. I can't imagine how hard these last weeks have been for you - great job on sticking it out Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                Thyroid Support Group

It sounds like you are on track to put this injury behind you once and for all. Fingers crossed here for your continued success. Once more with feeling, HTFU Kooky's distal tibia.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

You'll ruin your knees!

Hooray for "Crutch-Free Claire"!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

PWL

Has been

Does no crutches mean you have to go back to doing your own grocery shopping and cleaning your own house? Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Now that was a bath...

Peter - today is my last day of having home help so as from tomorrow I am a proper Mummy again! I had a dream that I was running last night. I ran really fast and one of my shoes fell off but I kept running and didn't care. Maybe I should log it on RA. I reckon I got at least a couple of miles in at a 8 minute pace!
                      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
                      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Good for you, girl! You've been through so much this past year! You deserve some good news...

Roads were made for journeys...

Another Passion

Progress! May your complete healing continue, Claire! I'm looking forward to hearing about your first successful, distal tibia pain free, run. Wink

Rick
                            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                            runningforcassy.blogspot.com