Bad Back anyone? (Read 694 times)

JakeKnight

*nods* You guys...my hubby just had to have a root canal because he hadn't been to the dentist since HS...he is 34 and it had been over 15 years since his last dentist visit.
    I resemble that remark. I went 9 years without seeing a dentist. Never had a toothache. Finally decided that since I'm self-employed and paying my own health and dental, I might as well go get a check up. (I'm lying; the little woman made me.) That visit turned into four visits because the dentist screwed up a simple filling (Only had 2 cavities in 37 years, btw). My tooth hurt for six months. Now 3 years later the @%!@% is probably going to sue me because I'm refusing to pay a bill he forgot about for years, for crappy service, and for giving me a toothache. The lesson? Dentists make your teeth hurt. Cool Now I go every six months like a good boy. Probably a horrible idea.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Well I was up early and went to the doc. Saw my wife's doc as she was on call. She is a great doc (and no I DON'T want her as my doc.................She is very good looking and I just don't think turn your head a cough would work). Any way I did not hurt my back! It turns out I have a massive infection in my bladder/kidneys etc. So with some powerfull anti-biotics and pain meds I should be back to running in a week to 10 days.

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Wingz

Professional Noob

What a relief! And... what a good thing you went in! Shocked Now you know why you were hurting so much! Shocked Feel better soon!

Roads were made for journeys...

JakeKnight

She is very good looking and I just don't think turn your head a cough would work). .
          Smile Smile Smile I feel you, bro. So what caused the kidney infection? Any idea? Take care of yourself.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, as miserable as that infection is, aren't you glad it wasn't your back, after all? I'll bet you wish you'd gotten checked-out, sooner, too... Wink Get well fast! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Smile Smile Smile I feel you, bro. So what caused the kidney infection? Any idea? Take care of yourself.
              Not sure of the cause, but will bet the farm that the reason it got out of hand is my diabetes! Diabetics tend not to heal or recover well. It is the reason I work hard to have as tight control of it as possible. OK Zoom, I KNOW!! I should have have seen the doc at eh first sign of pain. You can bet the next time I will!!! I just don't want to be one of those people that call the doc for anything and everything!

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Went back to the doc this morning. I drove all the way to work but only stayed 2 hours before the pain forced me home. Made an appointment on the way home. Doc seems to think I did hurt my back and has me a a strong med recovery plan AND orders to get back to running as soon as I feel up to it!

Wingz

Professional Noob

So, you're saying it was BOTH a back injury and an infection at the same time? (Or perhaps you were only feeling the injury and the infection was going unnoticed?)

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, ow...but it sounds like your doc's a reasonable guy and sees the benefits to running. Hope this means you will soon be on the mend and pain-free! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Seems to be a combo punch this around at least. IF I don't improve my this time next week he wants an MRI. He seems to think it won't come to that though. Sadly I must still go back no matter what. More diabetes follow up and a flu shot. I am betting the diabetes is slowing up my recovery on this and Doc agreed with me when I brought it up. The good news is the diabetes brought me to and KEEPS me running!