100 miles per month for the last 36 months in a row! (Read 531 times)

npaden

Not sure why, but one benchmark that I decided to try to stick to, was to run at least 100 miles every month.

I started the streak in March of 2012, and after hitting 100 miles for February with my run this evening that makes 36 months in a row.

I've had a couple close calls, in December 2012 I was on the treadmill on new years eve knocking out 5.5 miles after being sick for a week over the Christmas holiday to get my 100 miles in with just a couple hours to spare.

In February of 2014 I was very lucky to have my 100 miles in before breaking my collarbone skiing on the 22nd.

I was running again on March 13th with my arm in a sling and was able to get in my 100 miles by the end of March fairly easily, if running 100 miles with your arm in a sling could be considered easy.

Since then the only close call was this September when I drew a once in a lifetime Mountain Goat hunting tag.  I worked pretty hard to get my 100 miles in before leaving on the hunt on the 18th, thinking I might end up hunting through the rest of the month and it ended up being a good thing because I did end up hunting the rest of the month and into October straight through for 18 days with no running.

No close calls since then, very thankful to have been healthy and able to keep this streak going.

I enjoy improving on my race times and all that, but the real reason for running is for the amazing results I see in how much healthier I am now than when I started running back in 2011.

Hopefully I will be able to keep at it for many more years to come.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

nice job !!      100 mpm is my main goal as well for the same reasons as you stated.   keep it going

WTG

Linda

Excellent job.  Congratulations!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

probably not fast enough

Congratulations also on your PR at the snowy, icy, wet Cowtown Half recently.....

npaden

With my run tonight I hit 100 miles for February.  That now makes the 48th month in a row that I have run at least 100 miles.  

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Congrats

That is a great effort-keep it up!

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Nice job!  That's a great goal and I enjoyed reading about it.  Keep it up : )

congrats Npaden !   and to all  keeping their streaks alive & those starting new ones!!      

npaden

Crossed the 100 mile mark for February with my run tonight to make it 60 months in a row with 100 miles or more.  5 years!

Never would have thought I would be keeping it going this long when I started out.  It's almost become a habit now!

great job Npaden!   keeping my own streak going as well.  you are way ahead of me for this month but I will be there before month is over.

Bravo.  Very impressive.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

That's awesome, man. Keep it rolling.

Runners run

L Train

Even awesomer if you drink 100 beers a month.