100 miles per month for the last 36 months in a row! (Read 531 times)

Got me curious...I just checked, and this month puts me at 31 straight. 

Streak seems likely to end at 32.  Gdmn back.

Dave

oh man sorry Dave !  how close are you?  I've gone through many injuries of various levels but have been very fortunate to keep things going.  don't take anything for granted. I know the streak will end someday.  Back injuries can be very tricky.  hope you are not sidelined. long!

oh man sorry Dave !  how close are you?  I've gone through many injuries of various levels but have been very fortunate to keep things going.  don't take anything for granted. I know the streak will end someday.  Back injuries can be very tricky.  hope you are not sidelined. long!

I took about 2 weeks off, and now just starting to get back into it. I'd need about 25 miles in the next 4 days for 100, but taking it real easy right now & not gonna push it.

MTA: Finished at 100.0. Heh.

Dave

No more marathons

I took about 2 weeks off, and now just starting to get back into it. I'd need about 25 miles in the next 4 days for 100, but taking it real easy right now & not gonna push it.

hee.  Of course you did.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Cyberic

Why am I not surprised?

I knew you would do it !!!   Great job!!

you're "taking it easy"   is me pushing it !   ha ha

sandbagger

I hope to kick start the new month/year with a 10 miler tomorrow

Joann Y

Nice, Dave!

npaden

Congrats to everyone who still has a streak going!  Pretty amazing on some of you!

Mine is now at 1 after missing October and November due to illness and low motivation.  Really feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things now and working hard on my Boston training.  I'm going to attempt a daily streak for a while too, we will see how that goes.  Not sure I can break my 123 day streak from 2013.  Life seems to always get in the way of a daily streak for me (or maybe I'm just not dedicated enough).

I really think the 100 miles per month is a good indicator of staying in shape.

Looking forward to getting an even longer streak put together this time.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Congrats to everyone who still has a streak going!  Pretty amazing on some of you!

Mine is now at 1 after missing October and November due to illness and low motivation.  Really feel like I'm getting back in the swing of things now and working hard on my Boston training.  I'm going to attempt a daily streak for a while too, we will see how that goes.  Not sure I can break my 123 day streak from 2013.  Life seems to always get in the way of a daily streak for me (or maybe I'm just not dedicated enough).

I really think the 100 miles per month is a good indicator of staying in shape.

Looking forward to getting an even longer streak put together this time.

Sometimes, maintaining a long streak can be more stress than it's worth and starting anew can be an exciting opportunity.  I tend to agree with you about 100 miles being a fitness indicator.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

corland

Kudos to all the streakers here.

I had to take a look at my log.  November of 2009 I ran 96 miles.  skyedog has me beat for current streaks.  I didn't know 100 mpm was a thing until I read this thread a few minutes ago.  Prior to 11/2009 I was good until February of 2007.

I sometimes struggle with the fact that I can't run nearly as fast as other runners who put in as much training time.  That said, I count my blessings that I'm always able to be out.

that's exactly what I feel like too. You expressed that very well.  Yes Would like to be faster but  not too worried about it.

100 mpm is really not a "thing" but nowadays  helps keep me motivated.  First few months did not think about it too much but it has more importance to me now.  Its not some "magical" number or formula by itself. In the past I avg 150-200 mpm & was faster. Because of health reasons & other personal reasons My mileage goals have come down & I'm ok with that. So 100 mpm has become my main goal & so  It is a prime motivator for me, & has been a motivator for some people here on Runningahead, personal  friends  & also friends at work.  If it helps others to be more motivated, then that motivates me even more. Domino effect.

so gotta get off the computer & run.   8-10 miles easy pace

I sometimes struggle with the fact that I can't run nearly as fast as other runners who put in as much training time.  That said, I count my blessings that I'm always able to be out.

Marky_Mark_17

My streak is up to 21 months.  I missed most of Feb and all of March 2016 with a broken big toe but have gone OK after recovering from that.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Marky Mark   that's almost 2 years   Great job!  you will be at 3 yrs, then 4 & 5 before you know!

SubDood

72 months and counting. A few “barely made it” months, usually in  October. I can’t do the extended daily streaks, but 100 mi/mo is something I’d like to keep going for as long as possible.

My streak will officially end tonight, unless I somehow manage to run 70 miles in the next 8 hours. 100+ miles per month from December 2011 through November 2021 (10 years). This seemed like a good place to take some time off, but not too much time off. Thanks to many here who have shared their wisdom and inspiration. Best wishes for the new year.