Gebrselassie pulls out of Beijing Olympic Marathon (Read 685 times)

Click but he will run the 10,000 metre.

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

It's incredibly sad that breathing is now discouraged for health reasons. When I was in grade school (and dinosaurs walked the earth...) I think I knew of one kid with asthma. I think about half the kids in my son's grade school class had inhalers, just one generation later. I wish Geb's decision would get more attention, it's an opportunity to highlight the damage we've done and continue to do to the environment.

E.J.
        Greater Lowell Road Runners
        Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Why is it sideways?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NMq-3pacA Geb 9 years ago winning the 3000m and 1500m indoor world championships. His patience, poise, and speed are awe inspiring. Cool to see how different races demand different tactics--he controls the 3000 from the middle of the pack. The beauty of world-class running is just plain self-evident in these cuts. And you can also see how broad Geb's talent is--it's a long way from this type of running to the marathon world record.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1NMq-3pacA Geb 9 years ago winning the 3000m and 1500m indoor world championships. His patience, poise, and speed are awe inspiring.
            WOW. That kick to win the 1500 was beyond amazing, he has another gear that the others just don't.

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The Greatest of All Time

Stud. Feel sorry for that guy that got lapped.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                He does not have a shot at winning the 10k. He might not even be good enough to make the Ethiopian team. I would have loved to see him finish his career with an Olympic gold in the marathon but it's his choice and he's still the greatest runner ever. Plus Hall's chances of medaling go up now.