HM Race Report (Read 404 times)

Go Pre!

So, this being 2 weeks before my Marathon, I decided to run this half marathon today to make the 'last long run' a bit more interesting. I wanted to do well, and beat my PR of 1:53:21, yet not 'push' too hard. The weather was perfect, and I was feeling great. My goal pace was 8 minute/mile but I decided to just run it at a comfortable pace and see how I was feeling. Halfway through, I was a minute ahead of pace so I just kept running easy and figured I would PR and still be still close to my 1:45:00 goal. At 18K I was still a half minute ahead, and although consciously, I didn't try to speed up, I got caught in the moment and ran the last 3.1K in under 14 minutes, and came in at 1:43:18, a ten minute PR! And I feel great now, better than I ever have after a long race. To make things even better, even on mother's day, my lovely wife and our youngest were there to cheer me though the finish. I am really glad I decided to do this race. Hopefully the marathon go this well! Only14 more days to taper for the big day - bring it on I say! Mmmm, now it's nap time. C ya later. Dave
    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

WTG! That's a mega-awesome improvement! Big grin Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Awesomeness, Dave! Congrats on your new PR!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Great race Dave! Congrats on the huge PR!
          Jeffrey

Nice one Daddyo! Congratulations on the new PR and best of luck with your upcoming marathon. Smile