Hi, all. (Read 630 times)

Tortoise

I'm a pretty new runner. I've been running intermittently since the middle of last year, but I've only been persistent with it in the last couple of months. Right now, I'm doing three times a week. With a *lot* of walk breaks. Blush I just found this site today and I've found some of the stories on the forums to be unbelievably inspiring (... er, that might have been a little too much cheese). I live in Scotland and hope to run the Race for Life later this summer, which will be my first 5K. In the much longer term, my goal is to be able to train for and complete a marathon in 2011. Just wanted to say hi.
    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Lazy idiot

Welcome to RA, Beth. Don't worry about "too much cheese", that's what makes this place great. Good luck in your training. Be sure to let us know how things are going. Big grin

Tick tock

Hi Beth! Those are good goals!! Welcome to the RA site, you're going to love it here. And you have to meet Freckles, our recent marathon finisher -- from Glasgow!!
        Ringmaster

Hi, Beth. We're glad you're here. Yeah, sometimes it's inspiring here. Sometimes funny. Always good.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
          Mile by Mile

Member Since 2008

Welcome Beth, keep up the good work. This site is a great motivation.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Scots are always welcome! I'm so jealous of you guys with your hills and beautiful landscapes (and haddock & chips). Welcome to RA! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Welcome, Beth. Looking forward to hearing from you!

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Hello from sunny Southern California!
                  Dorsey

San Diego 1997: 4:59:59, San Diego 1999: 4:37:23, Carlsbad 2008: 6:32:21, America's Finest City Half Aug 2008: ??

"Run if you can. Walk if you must. Crawl if you have to. Just don't give up."
                    Hi Beth: Good luck on those finals, from a law student to a medical student. We have the Scotland Run in New York in April. Here are some pictures: http://www.nyrr.org/resources/photos/2008/scotland_run/gallery.asp Hope you are enjoying the site. Jonathan
                    I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock

Another Passion

Welcome Beth. This is a great site to learn and stay motivated. The folks here are awesome. Good luck in your running.

Rick
                      "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                      "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                      runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hi Beth, welcome to RA! Good luck with your training. Smile

Michelle

PudgyRunner

Hi! Great that you started! This site is great motivation. Welcome aboard.

Dog-Love

Welcome and great to have you. Good luck on the 5 K and I really love Scotland!
                            Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)