nutritional supplements? (Read 580 times)

codereddawg

what do you think about all the products that promote fat loss and energy gain such as hydroxcut, xenadrine hardcore, xcience, lipo 6, ? do they help with fat loss? is there anything else to use (or diet plans to follow) that would cut some fat down?
    fxdgear

Snake oil. If just one of these products ever worked, they would be the last ones ever introduced. But I bet there will be several more products in the coming year that tout the same outrageous claims
        I wouldn't take any of that crap......has ingredients that can mess up your electrolytes and heart rhythm. Best for weight loss??.....what goes in (beyond your basal metabolic rate,) gets burned with exercise. I find best for losing fat is following a "zone" like diet....40% carb, 30% protein, 30%fat. Oh and 20 - 30 grams of fibre/day. Big grin

SMART Approach

Some weight loss supplements can actually have a positive effect but people try to take them without exercising or improving eating. As an adjunct, they can have appetite reducing properties and some metabolism boosting properties getting people started and motivated to battle the bulge. The ephedra supplements of past were a bit more effective and in the 6 years I sold them, never had a side effect from clients because they took the product as I directed and I screened each user and still do. I had many clients lose 20 - 100 lbs. with many of these clients deficient in BATI have done extensive research on the science of Dr. Daniel Mowrey and Brown Adipose Tissue Thermogenesis (BATT). It is very real and ephedra has a profound effect on activating this in those who become deficient in this important fat that is found in upper back area. Dieting, age, heredity have an effect on BAT deficiency. It helps regulate metabolism as do other things. I have sold hundreds and hundreds of bottes of my own formula, Fat Loss Magic, but only sell locally and screen users. I simply won't sell to people not willing to make a lifestyle change. I don't need the money that bad. My focus has always been on helping people. As far as safety, I won't get much into this as it becomes political but will say, 14,000 people die each year from bleeding out taking Ibuprofen. 20% of these people die without symptoms. People die daily of liver failure taking Acetominophen. There may (or may not) have been a few dozen people who died ever from taking ephedra and some of these people had other health issues or abused the product or should not have been taking the product anyway. We are a "more is better" society. Many things we take (if abused) can kill you!! Note: I am a big fan of a 40% protein, 40% carb (high fiber), 20% fat (mainly healthy fats) distribution. If marathon training, the carbs need to be a bit higher. Balance each meal is ideal.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Greatest of All Time

what do you think about all the products that promote fat loss and energy gain such as hydroxcut, xenadrine hardcore, xcience, lipo 6, ?
            I wouldn't put any of that crap in my body. This may sound snotty but there are no shortcuts to fat and/or weight loss. It's hard work which is why most people fail and look for magic pills that will allow them to have a beach body while sitting on the couch eating Twinkies all day. I am not implying this describes you, but just sayin'. It's not about what pill you can take, how many miles to run, how many calories to eat and when, etc. The only path to permanent weightloss is through behavioral changes, and I will let it rest there.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

SMART Approach

I wouldn't put any of that crap in my body. Some people may say that about our protein shakes. Smile It's hard work...... We are a quick fix society. People join gyms and quit working out in 1 month saying it doesn't work. This isn't rocket science and is very hard work but it can be done! The only path to permanent weightloss is through behavioral changes, and I will let it rest there Darn right for 95% of population! That 5% is a challenge. I have had to work with these people and they are generally limited responders. Very difficult to deal with this type a person with the metabolic disorders or BAT deficiency. They progress but very very slowly and in some cases minimal without a biological correction.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

The top runners use whey protein powder, and Vitamin C and other supplements. But you really need to find out what works for you and it takes some research and time. I started using either cottage cheese or casein shakes before bedtime, but no whey protein powder. I work out and lift and run some 5k's to 1/2 marathons and I don't wanna lose my hard work at night going into starvation mode which creates fat. Also, I use curcumin which is turmeric because it reduces immflamation which is a common problem when you run so much! So bottom line, just be judicious and try to reduce immflamation, strecth, and run long and fast and your body will do the rest. I only eat 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner, and then have some South Beach bars and or Zone diet bars for a little extra!

SMART Approach

The top runners use whey protein powder, and Vitamin C and other supplements. But you really need to find out what works for you and it takes some research and time. I started using either cottage cheese or casein shakes before bedtime, but no whey protein powder. I work out and lift and run some 5k's to 1/2 marathons and I don't wanna lose my hard work at night going into starvation mode which creates fat. Also, I use curcumin which is turmeric because it reduces immflamation which is a common problem when you run so much! So bottom line, just be judicious and try to reduce immflamation, strecth, and run long and fast and your body will do the rest. I only eat 2 meals a day, lunch and dinner, and then have some South Beach bars and or Zone diet bars for a little extra!
                  Curcumin is awesome! I used it in place of Ibuprofen. Great for pain and inflammation. I found a formula that is 8X more powerful than what you can buy anywhere else and has equivalent of 4000mg of standardized Curcumin. I take one a day and 2 a day on long runs and races. My hamstring tendonitis is now gone. I have been taking this last 4 weeks and feel great. This product is distributed here in Green Bay by Terry Naturally and his company Europharma. He used to own Enzymatic Therapy which started many popular formulas out there like Remifemin for hot flashes, saw palmetto formulas for BPH (prostate issues) and many others. I know Terry personally and he was a member at the athletic facility I worked. He travels all around the world looking for these unique formulas. Good stuff. http://vitanet1.blogspot.com/2008/04/curamin-is-now-8x-more-bioavailable.html http://www.terrynaturally.com/