Show all my runs on a single map (Read 199 times)

Just curious if anyone knows of any websites that will display all my runs on a single map.  Something like the 'Run Spots' on RunningAhead, but for just my own data.  Might be a nice addition to the existing Run Spots.

Ideally I would like to be able to track streets completed in a given city (neighbourhood, town, some set boundary) but would settle for just having them all on a map.

I found one, citystrides.com, but it seems a little cumbersome to navigate.  It only links to RunKeeper, Strava and MapMyRun.  Just looking for alternatives.

bhearn

Huh. How did I not know about Run Spots? Now I wonder who those other RA runners are that also appear (by popularity) to run on my local trails. Though (by frequency) it does seem to be mostly me.

Huh. How did I not know about Run Spots? Now I wonder who those other RA runners are that also appear (by popularity) to run on my local trails. Though (by frequency) it does seem to be mostly me.

You should find where you're running this weekend, then check again after you finish, and see how much darker the line is.

Dave

TomG

citystrides.com works pretty well - started using it recently to try and keep track of my goal to run all the streets in my town.  One problem I'm finding is that the map, at least for my town, is a bit outdated + it categorizes some things as streets that aren't (the high school, a river, playground, etc).  there is a way to flag issues you find like that - not sure yet how effective that is.  I wasn't able to find anything else although admit I didn't spend a lot of time searching.

xhristopher

citystrides.com works pretty well

Interesting. I'm still trying to figure it out. Despite just dumping almost 10,000 miles into the app it still says I've completed 0% of my town.

TomG

Hey Chris,  For some reason it takes about a day for the % completed of your town to update.

Wing

Joggaholic

citystrides.com seems interesting, I wanted to try it just for fun but I didn't because I don't use any of the 3 services that it uses for signup.

xhristopher

Hey Chris,  For some reason it takes about a day for the % completed of your town to update.

Thanks. I'll stop clicking around looking for some magic setting. Every time I click on a road I know I've run it but...

citystrides.com seems interesting, I wanted to try it just for fun but I didn't because I don't use any of the 3 services that it uses for signup.

You could always use one of the free services as a pass-through. For example, Garmin Connect will auto import your runs into Strava, which will auto import into citystrides. No need to go back to or use Strava after setup.

mikeymike

Here's about a year's worth ... quite a bit of overlap in our maps, as you'd expect, x.

Runners run

Wing

Joggaholic

You could always use one of the free services as a pass-through. For example, Garmin Connect will auto import your runs into Strava, which will auto import into citystrides. No need to go back to or use Strava after setup.

Thanks for the tip!

xhristopher

Here's about a year's worth ... quite a bit of overlap in our maps, as you'd expect, x.

That damn lake sees a lot of running.

Cyberic

Might be a nice addition to the existing Run Spots.

I completely forgot about RunSpots. I wish I had remembered while I was in Seattle as I could't figure out how to get to the Alaskan way trail on foot, and it is quite obvious with run spots how the runners manage to get there.

xhristopher

Ok, I ran around my town the last two days collecting streets and have discovered many interesting things in the smaller roads I normally cruise past. I've boosted my % complete a bit too. Gonna finish my town this dime and move on to yours next...

wbudde

Having to pass my data through another service is a bit of a pain, but the OCD in me loves Citystrides...of course, now I feel like I have to complete my town. Unfortunately, Citystrides has shown me that my town has a ton of cul-de-sacs, which are no fun to run in and out of...

wbudde

...I should add - I also really like being able to look on Citystrides at the list of cities I have run in while traveling.