so, tell me about your gym (Read 1353 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Member Since 2008

The world is my gym!
      This is my gym:
      show off Tongue I'm jealous Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

here's my gym.... Wink
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Andrea's gym is not nearly as innocent as she looks...see that twinkle in her eyes?! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

What a doll! Love that twinkle! K, love your gym as well. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
              Thyroid Support Group

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I said cute, not innocent. I have two devious kiddos chez moi, so I know that look. 8 years old, going on 13...
                  Oh she looks like QUITE the handful! My gym is full of meatheads. ... guys with biceps bigger than my head! ... hey, at least, the 5, 10, and 15 lb weights are always free Wink
                  2009: BQ?
                    here's my gym.... Wink
                    Very cute! Smile Such an awesome picture!!

Michelle

i use the council run gym. its $60 (thats NZ$ - about $45 US) a month and for that i get the use of 2 gyms at opposite ends of town and use of the 7 council pools including an olympic size one and an outdoor one next door to work (in the summer!) the equipment is a bit run down but is safe and theres everything i need there. plus its never particularly busy.
                        Speaking of treadmills, we we're at Sports Authority yesterday looking at them. The one dh had his eye on has a full entertainment system in it (music and tv). Not sure I like that idea, but hey if I have to do any running inside why not watch tv Wink
                        When I first got back into running a few years ago, I actually set up a small tv/vcr unit near the treadmill. I started watching old home videos of the family, it was really nice. But then the kids would end up coming in and wanting to watch the videos with me, as I was running! It wasn't so bad except then they would start asking me questions about the video, or they would argue over things. I decided to put an end to that and they watched the videos in the other room while I listened to music instead. Roll eyes

Michelle

Go Pre!

We are way too lucky. Our gym has an olympic pool with diving, a middle pool for exercising, a small very warm pool for kids/rehab, a 225m indoor track, 3 b-ball/v-ball courts, all sorts of tae-kwon-do type classes, yoga, pilates, full weight room with all the machines I have ever known to exist + loads of free weights in a nice room with floor to ceiling windows, treadmills, elipticals, stationary bikes, rowing machines, a coffee shop. Kid's summer full day sports camps cost extra but swimming lessons are included! oh, the price is $1250 a year for the entire family. (5 of us) Can't remember what is is individually but it's fair. The sadest part is that we definately do not go often enough but with us all running regularly it's kinda hard to find the time and energy to make use of it. It's 4K away so I often run to it a longer 5 or 6K way, work out for 20-30 mins and run home the short 4K way. This gym also supports and caters to those with disabilities. Every city should have a place like this!

Prophet!

my gym...